New boat....

Notices
Formula

New boat....

Old 06-25-2017, 10:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New boat....

So I have owned this 2004 292 for 3 years. 6.2s with larger arrestors, 28p props, and add-on hydraulic steering.

I upgraded to full hydraulic steering to the helm and changed over to 26p props. It's such a huge difference with little to no top end difference. I think the midrange is significantly better now even.

She comes out of the hole in half the time as with the 28's.
I the steering is awesome. Rock solid at any speed and no chime walk anymore.

The way these should leave the factory.
Old 06-26-2017, 07:28 AM
Registered

Props and tabs are the best upgrades I made to this boat. The longer sport tabs and the 26p completely changed the boat. I lost 2-3mph on the top end but not even noticeable since I never push it that hard. Midrange is pretty much unaffected. I got 350 mags in mine and the 28s would slip and I'd have to finesse it out of the hole to get it to bite. The 26s just grab.
Old 06-30-2017, 11:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an '08 and have found the same response going to 26P's, very little top end difference, huge bottom and mid range improvement. Replaced my steering cable last fall, should have looked harder at converting to hydraulic steering, maybe this fall.
What arrestors are you running?
Old 07-02-2017, 10:19 AM
Registered

If you look at my older posts you will see the pics. I picked up a few mph and made a difference all through the rpm range. Unfortunately our motors are cruiser motors so performance was second to packaging.

That tiny arestor is a joke.
Old 07-05-2017, 07:42 PM
Registered

I would totally agree with the switch to the 26p Bravos. I did send my 28p labbed props to BBlades to tune up. I told him my goal was to keep the hole shot capability and improve midrange....no worries about top speed as a primary goal. Have yet to try them out, so we will see. Have tried bone stock 28p, stock 26p and now can report an the performance with the new props. I have no use for the stock 28p...they are just too big.