Formula 311 Bilge question ?

Notices
Formula

Formula 311 Bilge question ?

Old 11-22-2017, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Formula 311 Bilge question ?

Everyone that has a Formula knows about the issue of water getting trapped to under the step. Every picture that I have seen of that area has a drain the runs from that area to the main bilge except, on some 88 and 89 model 311,s. Sometimes I get water there and it coming from the bilge because I dropped a drive oil bottle once and I can see the residue make it to under the step. But wheni crawled down and looked for a drain tube there is none to be had. I there is no passage to allow water to got forward of the bilge pump float. What gives?
Old 11-30-2017, 01:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1,234 Likes on 688 Posts

I'd be really concerned if you had engine room water coming up into the cabin. On my '88 the areas are completely separated.
Old 11-30-2017, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My 1990 has a drain that runs from the cabin to the engine compartment. Another source of water is windshield leak around the screws and it doesn't stain the headliner.