292 Fastech Nose Cones, and Props

Notices
Formula

292 Fastech Nose Cones, and Props

Old 02-15-2018, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 292 Fastech Nose Cones, and Props

I have a new to me 292 Fastech with the 377 Scorpions and was going to repaint the drives. I thought about putting nose cones on it while I had them off but was wondering if anyone else had tried them before and with what results. Also curious if there is a benefit with spinning the props in?

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-17-2018, 06:17 AM
Registered

Received 54 Likes on 24 Posts

I wasn’t going to respond as I have no experience with a 292, but since no one else s giving you feedback, here goes..

How fast is your boat?

I’m not an expert, but I dont think you would see anything good from nosecones on your boat. I dont think they have any positive benefit until you’re over 80 and may have a negative impact if you can’t reach that speed.

Generally, props spinning in will suck in the stern (lift the bow) and give you more speed. However, you’re going to lose handling ability around docks. I tried mine turning in. The boat ran better, but it was not worth the loss of manuoverability around the docks to me.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-17-2018, 04:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the reply.

The boat runs right at 80 now with the current set up. I was hoping it would pick up a few MPH with those two changes.
Old 02-17-2018, 05:53 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by soonenough
Thank you for the reply
The boat runs right at 80 now with the current set up. I was hoping it would pick up a few MPH with those two changes.
I know of a couple boats running a tick over 100 with stock lowers, I had hyromotives on mine, took them off because they epoxy was coming off, ran the boat, picked up about 2 mph in cruise speed, basically due to the removal of the additional surface area, and made no difference on top end

Last edited by JaayTeee; 02-17-2018 at 05:55 PM.
Old 02-18-2018, 06:30 AM
Registered

Received 54 Likes on 24 Posts

I would talk to Bblades about your props. If you haven’t had them labbed yet, they can probably
work them to get you a few extra mph.