Water System Issue

Notices
Formula

Water System Issue

Old 08-09-2018, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Water System Issue

Pump runs & runs. It slowly builds up pressure. Get some water out all faucets but won t build pressure & shut off. Flow is good for 4 seconds then runs out of water. I noticed there is no pressure in the accumulator. Is this my problem?
This is on our newly purchased 06 28 ss.
Old 08-09-2018, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by drumerjb
Pump runs & runs. It slowly builds up pressure. Get some water out all faucets but won t build pressure & shut off. Flow is good for 4 seconds then runs out of water. I noticed there is no pressure in the accumulator. Is this my problem?
This is on our newly purchased 06 28 ss.
When I first got my 400ss it did pretty much the same thing. Previous owner hadn't used the boat much at all for a couple seasons before I got it. Mine has a filter screen on the inlet (suction) side of the pump. When I first used the boat that screen got plugged up with goop (it was algea or something) coming out of the water tank and blocked water flow into the pump. Pump kept sucking but little to no pressure being created in the system so the pump wouldnt shut off.
Old 08-09-2018, 09:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pat@osp

When I first got my 400ss it did pretty much the same thing. Previous owner hadn't used the boat much at all for a couple seasons before I got it. Mine has a filter screen on the inlet (suction) side of the pump. When I first used the boat that screen got plugged up with goop (it was algea or something) coming out of the water tank and blocked water flow into the pump. Pump kept sucking but little to no pressure being created in the system so the pump wouldnt shut off.
Yes pretty much same situation, system wasn't used much. Yeah I had the suction line off at the pump and filter is okay. But I noticed there is like a anti siphon device in the bottom of the tank that does not allow you to to suck the water up out of the tank.

Last edited by drumerjb; 08-09-2018 at 09:07 PM.
Old 08-25-2018, 08:42 PM
Registered

Yes pretty much same situation, system wasn't used much. Yeah I had the suction line off at the pump and filter is okay. But I noticed there is like a anti siphon device in the bottom of the tank that does not allow you to to suck the water up out of the tank.
Plugged the shore power in and with the Charger running the pump ran twice as fast and the problem is solved. So the batterys must have been discharged a little bit. I think I need to replace One battery
Old 08-27-2018, 09:13 PM
Registered

Plugged the shore power in and with the Charger running the pump ran twice as fast and the problem is solved. So the batterys must have been discharged a little bit. I think I need to replace One battery
Just just another follow-up. I found the pancake inlet filter on the pump screen packed with slime. Took it apart and cleaned it and now there is twice as much flow. It works very well. My only question is how frequent should the pump charge up to pressure when not using water? I want to say mine charges every three quarters of an hour and will run for 10 seconds.