Engine Hatch actuator/motor not working 272 sr1 1989

Notices
Formula

Engine Hatch actuator/motor not working 272 sr1 1989

Old 09-03-2019, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Hatch actuator/motor not working 272 sr1 1989

I have a 1989 272 sr1 and the engine hatch stopped working. I can get the hatch open manually and pull the pin to access the area. But it will not open with the switch. Just makes a clicking sound now or non at all. Its an original lift so it owes me nothing...I assume it needs to be replaced.
Anyone know what part number it might be? Who makes it OEM or what a good after market replacement might be?
Also, is there any resource I can access to see what parts are what from the factory....factory service manual? I have another issue with a bolster leg no longer connected to the floor bracket and wondered where I can find replacement parts for certian items on the boat...I'm the 3rd owner and looking for resources.

Thanks
peace
PK
Old 09-03-2019, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 177 Likes on 114 Posts

Here is a link to the actuator manufacturers web site Thompson Linear. They are very helpful give them a call. You can also fing d these on ebay quite often, be sure to get the heavy duty model as these work HARD.
https://www.thomsonlinear.com/micro/.../products.html
Old 09-03-2019, 01:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1,234 Likes on 688 Posts

Added this to your question in the DIY forum:

https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/formula/84390-311-engine-hatch-wont-lift.html
Old 09-03-2019, 03:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GLENAMY 242SS
Here is a link to the actuator manufacturers web site Thompson Linear. They are very helpful give them a call. You can also fing d these on ebay quite often, be sure to get the heavy duty model as these work HARD.
https://www.thomsonlinear.com/micro/.../products.html
Originally Posted by TomZ
Added this to your question in the DIY forum:

311 Engine Hatch Won't Lift
Thanks very much!
I'm gonna try to pull it apart first, 300-400$ is strong so i'll work the diy first. if it fails, I would need to pull it out anyway.

Thanks again
PK
Old 09-03-2019, 07:41 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey, you probably figured this out, but an adjustable length boat hook makes a good hatch prop. I usually put my hatch up high and disconnect the actuator to lay it down and make room to work,.