Formula 242ss new to me >

Formula 242ss new to me

Notices
Formula

Formula 242ss new to me

Old 07-27-2020, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Good looking boat. If your vinyl is in good shape pull the staples off and use old wood for template. I did this with my engine hatch and it worked out great. I ended up using the more expensive ply at big box store and coated it with resin then stapled old vinyl on new wood . Looks like an eagle trailer no? No surprise an old bird needing a little love,hopefully she doesn’t nickel and dime you into regret
Old 07-27-2020, 09:53 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ratty206ls
Good looking boat. If your vinyl is in good shape pull the staples off and use old wood for template. I did this with my engine hatch and it worked out great. I ended up using the more expensive ply at big box store and coated it with resin then stapled old vinyl on new wood . Looks like an eagle trailer no? No surprise an old bird needing a little love,hopefully she doesn’t nickel and dime you into regret
Thanks I always liked the lines. The trailer looks identical to a trail rite, so that.s what I think it is. I replaced the wheel cylinders today, trailer has brakes now. Also finished the raw water pump.
Good idea on the upholstery wood, i have done that on my other boat. All the wood on the back seat is pretty rough.
Old 07-28-2020, 05:36 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by b_fuss
Thanks I always liked the lines. The trailer looks identical to a trail rite, so that.s what I think it is. I replaced the wheel cylinders today, trailer has brakes now. Also finished the raw water pump.
Good idea on the upholstery wood, i have done that on my other boat. All the wood on the back seat is pretty rough.
ya the arm rest on my backseat need attention. The vinyl is tough but the wood isn’t that bad for 32 years old even though cup holders drain into them.
Old 08-01-2020, 10:32 AM
Registered

Received 177 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by b_fuss
Thanks Glenamy! I am dumb. I got wat too much stuff going on in life.
b_fuse. Looks like MohavValley on another forum is a friend of yours. If so I am the person he called/will be calling about. If you can help me out on this I would be in your debt.
If you have any questions on the 242 SS let me know I currently own that model as does a good friend of mine. We have both completely gutted and re-done every aspect of our boats.
Again thank you if you can help me out and best of luck with your new boat.
Also it looks like you have a Bravo 1 prop on it now, if you can borrow a 23" Quad 4 to try I bet you will like the handling and ride MUCH better, also performance.
Old 08-01-2020, 03:37 PM
Registered

No Problem Gary I will help if I can. The prop that came on it is a Quicksilver Nemesis. I looked up that prop, seems totally wrong. Who makes the quad 4 prop?
Old 08-01-2020, 03:57 PM
Registered

Hydromotive Q IV.
On a side note the boat listing in PHX has been removed. Thank you for your help.
Old 08-01-2020, 11:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GLENAMY 242SS
Hydromotive Q IV.
On a side note the boat listing in PHX has been removed. Thank you for your help.
Didn't do much, but your welcome.

BTW i was trolling through some posts saw your cleaned up bilge pictures. Looks like you have some o2 sensors? or am i seeing things? Please explain or point me to thread to read more. Thanks

Old 08-02-2020, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Gary is a wealth of knowledge on the SS as are many others Formulas are great boats, good luck with yours
Old 08-02-2020, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Make sure to use stainless staples.
The following users liked this post:
b_fuss (08-02-2020)
Old 08-03-2020, 08:06 AM
Registered

Yes, DLG-1: Dual Lambda (Air/Fuel Ratio) Gauge.
Here is a link to their website.

https://innovatemotorsports.com/products/dlg1.php

Be sure you use 90* extenders, sold through amazon, without these you will be eating sensors at $75 a pop.
I found these)2 sensors very handy in tuning the carb to get low 12's across the entire throttle range. You will be surprised how you need to fiddle with the carb but it can be done and is actually fun.
Once set up a just glance tells you how the engines are running. Call me if you have any questions.
Gary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.