1988 242 LS Brought her home >

1988 242 LS Brought her home

Notices
Formula

1988 242 LS Brought her home

Old 02-27-2022, 07:52 AM
Registered

Received 1,827 Likes on 716 Posts

A porta potti was one of my best purchases for our cuddy cabins.

Its small and basic and not everyone gets it but:

If you spend the day on the boat, away from dock, and as noted, it’s not warm enough to swim, she will love it!

Depends on us too.
If we pitch it like it’s a joke, or embarrassing, she’ll make you take her to dock!

We spend a lot of nights on the hook which makes one mandatory.

Even when at dock/marina, if it’s after we’ve turned in, she uses the one in the cabin so she doesn’t have to get dressed and walk to the marina restrooms.

Theyre a pc of cake to maintain/empty.
Dump 1/2 a bottle of chemicals in and they leave zero odor in the cabin.

I left our last one in that boat and made a joke of buying her a new one for her b.day !

Last edited by Twin O/B Sonic; 02-27-2022 at 07:55 AM.
The following 5 users liked this post by Twin O/B Sonic:
1983ScarabIII (03-29-2022), larslindroth (03-01-2022), masi242 (02-27-2022), Noles1 (02-27-2022), rak rua (02-28-2022)
Old 02-28-2022, 04:24 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CharlieWhiskey85

Plenty of elbow grease and polishing ahead in my future, lucky the boat isn't far from the patio where I can keep the smoker going and work on the boat at the same time 😂.
Are the seats supposed to swivel? Mine doesent and i have tried to figure that out.

The boat looks to be in good condition!
Old 02-28-2022, 05:06 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic
A porta potti was one of my best purchases for our cuddy cabins.

Its small and basic and not everyone gets it but:

If you spend the day on the boat, away from dock, and as noted, it’s not warm enough to swim, she will love it!

Depends on us too.
If we pitch it like it’s a joke, or embarrassing, she’ll make you take her to dock!

We spend a lot of nights on the hook which makes one mandatory.

Even when at dock/marina, if it’s after we’ve turned in, she uses the one in the cabin so she doesn’t have to get dressed and walk to the marina restrooms.

Theyre a pc of cake to maintain/empty.
Dump 1/2 a bottle of chemicals in and they leave zero odor in the cabin.

I left our last one in that boat and made a joke of buying her a new one for her b.day !

Never used one but I can vouch for the cleanliness…..
My Donzi came from the U.S. to Thailand sideways in a shipping container. The Broker did not empty the porta potti. I actually told him to throw it away but he left it sitting in place sideways for 3 months shipping time. When she emerged from the container, amazingly, there was zero leakage and zero smell when I emptied it.

My biggest issue now would be trying to get through the night without waking up for a pee at least once! For you younger guys, it’s an age thing, just you wait…… Also, drinks on a boat in the evening fill the bladder quickly ….🙂

RR
The following 2 users liked this post by rak rua:
1983ScarabIII (03-29-2022), Twin O/B Sonic (02-28-2022)
Old 02-28-2022, 06:00 AM
Registered

Received 1,827 Likes on 716 Posts

Yep.

We spend most of our time on Lake Erie and it’s weather changes by the hr.

The head keeps you out of the rain.

And yeah, we end most days having cocktails on the dock behind the boats or in the local establishments…., or both!

So I use it too.

Originally Posted by rak rua
Never used one but I can vouch for the cleanliness…..
My Donzi came from the U.S. to Thailand sideways in a shipping container. The Broker did not empty the porta potti. I actually told him to throw it away but he left it sitting in place sideways for 3 months shipping time. When she emerged from the container, amazingly, there was zero leakage and zero smell when I emptied it.

My biggest issue now would be trying to get through the night without waking up for a pee at least once! For you younger guys, it’s an age thing, just you wait…… Also, drinks on a boat in the evening fill the bladder quickly ….🙂

RR
The following 2 users liked this post by Twin O/B Sonic:
1983ScarabIII (03-29-2022), rak rua (02-28-2022)
Old 02-28-2022, 08:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic
Yep.

We spend most of our time on Lake Erie and it’s weather changes by the hr.

The head keeps you out of the rain.

And yeah, we end most days having cocktails on the dock behind the boats or in the local establishments…., or both!

So I use it too.
I want one for emergencies but hoping to never have to use it. But i cant find one that fits the awkward space in the 242 LS
Old 02-28-2022, 06:07 PM
Registered

Received 122 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by 242 Swede
Are the seats supposed to swivel? Mine doesent and i have tried to figure that out.

The boat looks to be in good condition!

They do. There's a knob on the starboard side of each seat that you turn to tighten or loosen. When it's loose.you can swivel the seat around.

It's definitely in good shape overall. The more you dig into it and more anal you are though the more little things you notice. Coming from detailing cars to take to car shows, I still have a lot of work ahead. I'm going taking plenty of pictures now for the before images, lol.
Old 02-28-2022, 06:09 PM
Registered

decals for example need to be redone, taking them all off now so I can buff and polish. Gas cap needs to be replaced, black pinstripe doesn't look great at the edges etc.... All simple little stuff really. But considering it's all 32 years old, I'll live with the work for what I paid.
The following users liked this post:
Twin O/B Sonic (03-01-2022)
Old 02-28-2022, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by 242 Swede
I want one for emergencies but hoping to never have to use it. But i cant find one that fits the awkward space in the 242 LS
Oh yes, the infamous Thetford 775 MSD that isn’t available any more. I like the way Formula made the area around it so easy to contain and clean if any spills, but it should have fit a little more standard size porta potti. I still have mine and if any others still have them, they may be valuable.
Old 02-28-2022, 08:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Noles1
Oh yes, the infamous Thetford 775 MSD that isn’t available any more. I like the way Formula made the area around it so easy to contain and clean if any spills, but it should have fit a little more standard size porta potti. I still have mine and if any others still have them, they may be valuable.
Lol I got that and the water tank for it which is apparently a tough to find item.
Noles1 (02-28-2022)
Old 03-01-2022, 11:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by CharlieWhiskey85
They do. There's a knob on the starboard side of each seat that you turn to tighten or loosen. When it's loose.you can swivel the seat around.

It's definitely in good shape overall. The more you dig into it and more anal you are though the more little things you notice. Coming from detailing cars to take to car shows, I still have a lot of work ahead. I'm going taking plenty of pictures now for the before images, lol.
I dont think i have that knob. This forum is making me wanna get my boat from winterstorage and start working on it so bad.
I also have a car that im cleaning the engine and suspension with brushes lol, but the boat is so much work to keep clean especially since it is in the water or in storage most of the time I also think most of the boats i see on here is in better shape than mine, but as you say, they are 30+ years.
1983ScarabIII (03-29-2022)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.