Notices
Formula

353 - First run of 22

Old 04-04-2022, 07:01 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by DRAG
One other observation....sorry for so many posts.

The boat is pretty fast on the 5 blade trimmed down, trimmed middle, and trimmed all the way out.
The boat on the bravo had to be trimmed all the way out to get speed.

I think that is part of why the driving experience felt better to me on the 5 blade. If you are cruising and you stab the throttles....she goes no matter what and gets there quicker. If you do the same thing on the bravo and you stab the throttles its less acceleration and then you are also delayed in your speed as you start to trim out. I felt I needed more trim....drives are deep down there dragging the bottom of the lake

makes sense with your setup. I was running -2” shorties with extension boxes…sounds like the 5 blades are the way to go for you.
Old 04-04-2022, 08:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 333 Likes on 124 Posts

Did you run the boat before and after the -2? If so what was the difference. Thx
Old 04-05-2022, 06:16 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by DRAG
Did you run the boat before and after the -2? If so what was the difference. Thx
No, I purchased the boat with the drive setup it had. I purchased my 353 from AXAPowell. There are tons of threads on OSO about his process of setting the boat up…..then there is also threads of the boat from my ownership under “badmonkey “
The following users liked this post:
distantthunder (04-07-2022)
Old 07-29-2022, 12:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 333 Likes on 124 Posts

Figured I would update now that I have a lot more run time on the Bravo props. While I didn’t see a significant MPH gain testing initially in the spring, I like the way they run better when loaded down. Full fuel, full water, 6 people in the boat and 90+ weather on glass smooth water….still 82-83 mph any time I want it.

No way I was doing that on the Maximus. I’d have been at 78-79 loaded like that and getting stuck on a 9 just plays with your emotions

Because they are lab finished props, they aren’t perfect. I see 250 rpm more from my port engine so I may send them out to see if I can correct that. It’s just a little annoying.
The following users liked this post:
resurrected (08-02-2022)
Old 03-13-2023, 02:00 AM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Default 353 props

[353 props. What pitch, What power and , do you have ITS or set back boxes that you at Rev limiter

QUOTE=DRAG;4827739]I have 130 hours on the 5 blade so far....I run it hard in reasonably rough water. Knock on wood...didn't break yet but there is always tomorrow. I definitely could see how you could hurt a drive on them....lots of bite.

I'm gonna give these Bravos another shot but I'm right on the limiter at 5500+ rpm. Maybe in warmer weather and with a heavier load in the boat it will drop me a couple hundred.[/QUOTE]