Dead around here.... >

Dead around here....

Notices
Formula

Dead around here....

Old 03-28-2024, 06:52 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts

I’ll add on Tom….. sadly my early winter project of rub rail is still not complete. All sides are now bolted. Need to just stretch out the new run rail and get busy. But after seeing what I did with the deck hull joint, I started to look at other things that may need sealing.

pulled deck hatches…. They were loose. Ended up cleaning them and painting them sealed them up and installed.

pulled rub rail bolts and sealed the holes and rebolted.

not real sure how I got onto this, but because I had to pull headliner down to do the hatch resealing, I’m now finding myself pulling new speakers wires and replacing the stereo and putting in a complete new system.

Shims to help allow sealer between hull and deck

Port side new through bolts. Larger surface. Plus doubled up the quantity of through bolts.
The following 2 users liked this post by MyIsland3:
1983ScarabIII (03-28-2024), resurrected (03-29-2024)
Old 03-29-2024, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 51 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by MyIsland3
I’ll add on Tom….. sadly my early winter project of rub rail is still not complete. All sides are now bolted. Need to just stretch out the new run rail and get busy. But after seeing what I did with the deck hull joint, I started to look at other things that may need sealing.

pulled deck hatches…. They were loose. Ended up cleaning them and painting them sealed them up and installed.

pulled rub rail bolts and sealed the holes and rebolted.

not real sure how I got onto this, but because I had to pull headliner down to do the hatch resealing, I’m now finding myself pulling new speakers wires and replacing the stereo and putting in a complete new system.

Shims to help allow sealer between hull and deck

Port side new through bolts. Larger surface. Plus doubled up the quantity of through bolts.
Is that a side mount toolbox on your trailer? If so how did you mount it? Ive been looking for a box for my aluminum I-beam trailer.
Old 03-29-2024, 03:12 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts

I assume the long tool box is the one in question. It is the typical side of truck bed tool box. The way I installed it was bolt the part that sits on I beam frame. But then I also ran 2 pieces of 1” alum tube from under the bottom of box across both sides of the trailer frame. This tool box holds my jack, some tools, bearings, extra hubs.

the smaller tool box I put alum plate inside it and bolted it to an aluminum piece of angle iron I bolt to the trailer frame. Holds some cleaners and place to put straps when removed from boat.
Old 03-29-2024, 04:56 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 88 Posts

My son picked up this 12 cyl toy pretty cool.
The following users liked this post:
Twin O/B Sonic (03-30-2024)
Old 03-29-2024, 06:05 PM
Registered

Received 51 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by MyIsland3
I assume the long tool box is the one in question. It is the typical side of truck bed tool box. The way I installed it was bolt the part that sits on I beam frame. But then I also ran 2 pieces of 1” alum tube from under the bottom of box across both sides of the trailer frame. This tool box holds my jack, some tools, bearings, extra hubs.

the smaller tool box I put alum plate inside it and bolted it to an aluminum piece of angle iron I bolt to the trailer frame. Holds some cleaners and place to put straps when removed from boat.
Thanks. Yes , I was referring to the long box.
Old 03-29-2024, 07:45 PM
Registered

Received 447 Likes on 245 Posts

post 10 with the white truck is that the bridge that came down?
Old 03-29-2024, 08:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,051 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Been in TX for a month helping out family, bought a new truck, white metallic pearl

The following 2 users liked this post by F-2 Speedy:
105Fountain (03-30-2024), Twin O/B Sonic (03-30-2024)
Old 03-29-2024, 10:17 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

This is the first winter here in northern MI that I didn't start thinking about moving and then simmer on the idea all winter. I've been out about 6 times in 2024 and the coldest was in the 50s. Odd how much that can change the way I feel about winter. Waiting for that first day with some nice warm air to dial in my carbs a little and hopefully save a little fuel this year.
The following users liked this post:
Twin O/B Sonic (03-30-2024)
Old 04-04-2024, 05:22 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Not much going on
Old 04-04-2024, 07:05 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 88 Posts

She don't like Best western Ft Myers waterfront $600@ vet stay clear