Bimini top stowage

Notices
Formula

Bimini top stowage

Old 11-26-2003, 03:28 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bimini top stowage

Anyone have suggestions for stowage of a bimini top on a 382? My 311 had brackets to carry the top resting on the front of the sunpad, but this would rattle around underway. I have seen a few older boats set up to carry the bimini stored on brackets in the engine compartment. Anyone seen or done this on a 382? Any other suggestions?
Old 11-26-2003, 10:05 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It won't fit inside the engine compartment (like the 353), so I just leave it attached to the forward mounts, zip the cover on it, lay it back, and let it sit on top of the rear seat headrests. I use a Velcro strip to tie the (loose) rear support pole up to the others.
Old 11-26-2003, 11:15 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Top storage is a PIA!!! On my 311 I leave the top pinned to the rear-most brackets, un-pin the fronts and let the top lay on the sun pad. It reaches the back of the pad so its pretty much out of the way. That is until a bunch of drunks start climbing over the back. Some people have no clue,,,,,,,,they lean on it, put their knees on it, sit on it!!!!

I hate to make scenes on the boat but that really bugs me. Its like "hey, please watch out for the top, you're sitting on it". They look at the top under their ass, then they look at me like "yeah, so?". I just wanna push the bastards right off the boat!!!!!!

I should start a new thread,,,,,,"Things people do on you boat that piss you off".

Bottom line is, every boat should have provisions for top storage. Period.
Old 11-26-2003, 04:50 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

I do exactly like C Spray does. Seems to work resonably well. As much as I like my Formula , they really SUCK when it come to top stoage. I mean even Baywhiners have it. You'da thought somebody could have come up with something.

Thirdbird , as for inconsiderate people , the only go out with me once After that they can kiss my furry @$$.
Old 11-26-2003, 08:17 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

But ya know what Mopower,,,, lots of times its some ignorant bastard from another boat that does this stuff. Then you look at their boat and you know why!!!!!

Quite a few people think I'm too anal about the boat, maybe I am. But, my boat looks still looks nice.

My wife used to get on me for getting on the kids when they were little. She said I was rediculous about the boat. Well, now the kids are older and now, my wife and both girls a pretty fastidious about the boat. Of course, they say they do it just to keep me from going ballistic Thats ok though, I don't care why they keep it clean, just as long as they do.
Old 11-26-2003, 09:21 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Hey ThirdBird ,
As long as you and I are paying the bills , we have the right to be anal. I also thank the previous owner of mine for being anal. The way I see it We're the ones who will take the hit when we sell them if they're trashed , and they cost too damned much money NOT to take care of them.
I have a friend who's boat's sitting behind his shop right now , under the now naked trees and guess where the leaves are you guessed it). His idea of winterizing is "fix it in the spring". Take a look in the Magnum section under Magnum Sedan.