Post pictures of your formula!!!

Notices
Formula

Post pictures of your formula!!!

Old 10-11-2007, 05:22 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by ThirdBird
And that is the coolest "flying Formula" picture ever. Nice and flat in the air. Living up to the "Bird" name.

Now how can that be a bird??? It's got no damn beak.

The flyin' part looks good, but what did the landing look like?

BTW how the he!! are you Mayor? You still boating? I came across a black hull sided Fountain in my search, it is pretty hot looking, I just wonder how much of a PIA it would be to keep up to my "somewhat" annal standards.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 10-11-2007 at 05:28 PM.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

89 242LS w/HP500, name:"SAY WOT" http://www.flickr.com/photos/1448011...7602235787064/
Old 10-11-2007, 07:59 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Every time I see your boat, it just blows me away. I like the yellow-sided Formulas with black accents too but, black is it man.

In my opinion Jeff, your 311 is the coolest looking Formula I've ever seen - regardless of year, size, model, period.

For those of you who have not seen Jeff's 311 in first hand, I can tell you it's as nice as the pictures make it appear.

Kriss, your's is A-One also, very nice, love the colors. Just partial to the "Black Beauty".

We'll hook up with four old-school 311's next summer.
Thanks guys for the compliments .... you are way to kind .... from what i have seen on this tread there are alot awesome boats like yours and mine.
I have to be perfectly honest with you, if it wasn't for my 2 buddies Kriss and Ted and alot of internet time searching I would never of got this 311. The first time I saw it I said that's the one (because it was so different).
So on that note thanks to Kriss And Ted.
Picked it up a year ago this past weekend from Lake Saint Claire MI. one owner rack stored from day one it had 490 hrs on it and it is all original ....
Put on approx. 85hrs. this summer ... not bad for a guy who works saturdays for the most part.

Dave, got an idea .... Next summer at Sandy Ponds stretched out over that awesome beach you guys use .... lets get our own formula rendezvous organized and send it to formula ... we don't need any marinas to do this and it would probably be more fun ..... just a thought....

Thanks again guys ....

Jeff
Old 10-11-2007, 08:13 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Now how can that be a bird??? It's got no damn beak.

The flyin' part looks good, but what did the landing look like?

BTW how the he!! are you Mayor? You still boating? I came across a black hull sided Fountain in my search, it is pretty hot looking, I just wonder how much of a PIA it would be to keep up to my "somewhat" annal standards.
Hey RaggedEdge,

It is a PIA in the beginning but once Igot a system down it actually was fairly easy to maintain. I used alot (alot ) of "yellow wax" it seemed to keep that shine and made it very easy to clean. For the most part my boat never stayed in the water overnight longer than 48 hrs at a time ( did a couple overnight weekends). as soon as it came out of the water i wiped it all down. If you didn't it looked alot worse than it really was because the black magnifies everthing and depending on the time of day, for example if it was still sunny out it would bake on and make it harder to get off (slime and grime).
All in all don't be scared of a black hull just be scared of a fountain ..... lol .... just kidd'en .....
Old 10-11-2007, 08:26 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Waterfoul
ramb
Hey Waterfoul,

You and Ramb might have seen my boat up in the area you boat in because that is where it came from.
That picture is awesome .... how many times did try that to get that perfect shot ? How was the landing ... spill your capt'n'coke ? lol ....
There are alot of sweet formulas up in your area.
It is like a mini Lauderdale.

Jeff
Old 10-12-2007, 06:04 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by got twins ?
Dave, got an idea .... Next summer at Sandy Ponds stretched out over that awesome beach you guys use .... lets get our own formula rendezvous organized and send it to formula ... we don't need any marinas to do this and it would probably be more fun ..... just a thought....
Thanks again guys ....
Jeff
By all means, we could get some really nice pics. There's another nice place up the beach about 5 miles called Lake View. It's a natural cut into an extensive marsh area. Out at the cut, the beach is beautiful, water is deep, and for the most part, the place is desolate. Great place for overnights and fires. It'll be cool to hook up with you guys.

We might have to let an odd-ball Pachanga in on the affair!!! You reading this Mike????
Old 10-12-2007, 06:14 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All in all don't be scared of a black hull just be scared of a fountain ..... lol .... just kidd'en .....
Yo, Twins,,,, beatin' on the little Fountain Dude,,,, how cool!!!!

Be aware though, Pete will not let that go unanswered. He'll conjure up some sharp-tongued response.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:06 PM
Registered

By all means, we could get some really nice pics. There's another nice place up the beach about 5 miles called Lake View. It's a natural cut into an extensive marsh area. Out at the cut, the beach is beautiful, water is deep, and for the most part, the place is desolate. Great place for overnights and fires. It'll be cool to hook up with you guys.

We might have to let an odd-ball Pachanga in on the affair!!! You reading this Mike????
If you're hookin' up with Bird for the overnight, hide you're women, just a little friendly advice. Put away the boat this am, start the 6 month countdown..............
Old 10-12-2007, 01:57 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 5PMSMWHR
If you're hookin' up with Bird for the overnight, hide you're women, just a little friendly advice. Put away the boat this am, start the 6 month countdown..............
I did the same yesterday afternoon ..... time to bring out the sleds and get them ready for the winter.
Any of you guys ride sleds during the winter on the Hill or Old Forge area ?

Jeff
Old 10-12-2007, 02:07 PM
JB Marshall
Gold Member

I did the same yesterday afternoon ..... time to bring out the sleds and get them ready for the winter.
Any of you guys ride sleds during the winter on the Hill or Old Forge area ?

Jeff

Primarily Tug Hill have been going for the last 6 yrs. we are an Arctic Cat family.

Quick Reply: Post pictures of your formula!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.