New Formula Owner >

New Formula Owner

Notices
Formula

New Formula Owner

Old 01-10-2004, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats Mat, you'll find alot of "Formula-Smart" guys on this board, welcome!!

What's on the platform, some sort of no-skid stuff? It's not covering some spooky little secret is it? Hey, don't mind me, I trust no one when it comes to buying stuff.

Good luck (and get to work on those drives!! )
Old 01-11-2004, 03:46 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm pretty excited about getting it.

The swim platform has had a teak panel laid on it, I was looking at it yesterday and you can see it's not original. It looks OK though so I'll leave it be for now.

My biggest worry is keeping the engines sweet, as we only have salt water boating over here, the rust sets in to the engines pretty easy. Gonna run it as is this season, but look to putting a new set of manifolds on next year.
Matt
Old 01-11-2004, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"MM", just repainted the outdrives on "Outlaw". I masked (way overkill) everything, quadruple duct taped the water inlets, propshaft area, and anything else that needed it, went to Hope Depot and bought a "sand blaster" for 40 bucks, and some sand, and sand blasted them in place. Then sanded, sanded, and sanded. three coats of self-etching primer, five coats of finish paint, and they came out pretty darn good. Not perfect, but certainly acceptable. All in all it took me about 36 hours total actual work time. Just a thought......Outlaw
Old 01-11-2004, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Outlaw, you got a blaster for 40 bucks?? What kind? Hooks to your compressor?

I may try the same thing. My drives are in pretty nice shape but I would like to dial 'em in a little more.

Hey, by the way, you and I were talking about those Hydromotive 4 bladers. Now I see you might be powering up a bit and will need more pitch. You were talking to another guy about him buying your props (can't remember who that was). Did you sell 'em? Let me know. Thanks, Dave