Older Formula Help >

Older Formula Help

Notices
Formula

Older Formula Help

Old 05-06-2004, 02:46 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

AudioFN. The deck dimensions for the glass on the gunwale is 86" from the windshield to the rear deck The gunwale to the centerpoint of the windshield is 42.5" and from gunwale to gunwale on the front windshield is 78.5"

If you think that windshield will work and your buddy does not want it let me know. So far it is the only one I have found.

Thanks

Last edited by Prater; 05-06-2004 at 02:51 PM.
Old 05-06-2004, 03:14 PM
Registered

AudioFN,

Just got word back from Formula. Your 302 windshield is the exact same one for my 255.
Old 05-06-2004, 05:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like you have alot to do, what did you get with the bare hull? Motor, drive, trailer? Better go get a mortgage the parts will nickle and dime you!

Jim
Old 05-06-2004, 05:54 PM
Registered

I traded thirty minutes of labor for the bare hull. Nothing else. i do have some parts that i have accumulated over the years. I have a good buddy that works for Mercruiser that is going to help me out. I have a 412ci Chevy motor at the machine shop with a new 6.2MPI intake system and computer. I know a small block in this boat...But it will do for my purpose...I have a lots of small odd and ends from a project that I sold about 5 years ago. Mostly all the small hardware like cleats and lights. I have a 55 gallon fuel tank that is new, but not enough for this boat. I do have a borg warner trans that is in Florida right now with a friend. Just got parts strung out everywere...I am looking for TRS parts if you know of any.
Old 05-06-2004, 09:39 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Holly crap bro you have a lot of work ahead of you. Get me a better picture of the transom there. Looks like dry rot...... The hole looks like it could very well be a TRS drive. I would suggest buying a transom gasket for a TRS and see if it lines up for ya. The motor you are looking at should be fine to get ya started.... As for the windsheild I would not be so sure about what Formula is telling ya.... They have been wrong before on these older boats. HOWEVER It does make sence that they would be the same so that they could keep the inventory down...

Jon
Old 05-06-2004, 10:57 PM
Registered

Jon,

There is no soft wood anywhere that I could find. The transom is very solid, just dirty. The wood is discolored grey but there is no evidence of mold or rot that I have found yet... I know there is a lot of work here. I am looking forward to this project and I have 3 friends that are looking forward to helping..well maybe more so for the beer I am supplying. My wife is 7 months pregnant with our first and this will give me something to do when I need to get out of the house. Just wish I had a larger shop that it would fit in. My woodwork shop is way too small.
Old 05-07-2004, 08:55 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Prater I sent off a email to the guys that were interested in the windsheild. I will give them some time to respond. If I do not hear back from them then in a couple days you can have it.

Jon
Old 05-07-2004, 12:42 PM
Registered

Thanks, I appreciate it... I hope they are on a long vacation J/K

Last edited by Prater; 05-07-2004 at 09:57 PM.
Old 05-07-2004, 06:01 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

OMG! Dude, that's going to be a lot of beer.

Sorry but I thought Jon (audiofn) had a lot of work in front of him.

I have the upmost respect for you for taking on this project. The knowledge on this site is a wonderful thing. I've learned a lot and have gotten great advice. Welcome to the Formula club.
Old 05-07-2004, 09:57 PM
Registered

bford1,

Thanks for the welcome. Come on up to OKC and drink some with us...

Quick Reply: Older Formula Help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.