"New Look" transom, getting closer >

"New Look" transom, getting closer

Notices

"New Look" transom, getting closer

Old 11-29-2004, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: "New Look" transom, getting closer

The all white looks real nice I love it infact I wish my dad would let me do it to our boat.
Old 11-29-2004, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by offthefront
Just kiddin bout Hangin it ...I am sure will be going out ....I'm ready ..we are planning a trip up to Fernandina ...spend the nite ....should be good sleepin weather
oh ...mechanic said he did 68mph ....
Take off "the Box" and you'd probably see 70
Old 11-29-2004, 09:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CMG
Russ, this will give you a pretty good idea. someone had on OSO classified earlier this year. big yes on adding a tube swim platform
Now that IS a sharp looking boat. I have an idea of a VERY simple graphic towards the rear and then of course "Outlaw" on the hullsides. Can't do without the name. It would look even better with a white rubrail.
Old 11-29-2004, 09:42 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
It would look even better with a white rubrail.
High on my "things to do list"
Old 11-29-2004, 09:45 PM
Registered

The "things to do on the boat list" is the longest list in the history of lists. It is never ending, and cares little about expense. It demands our attention. It's like a bad accident, we cannot look away.

And then the yelling from the wives begins.
Old 11-30-2004, 02:40 AM
Registered

Russ,

I think the boat looks great. Considering the above , why don't you bolt the tubular platform on and run it "as is" for a little while. All white with "Outlaw" would be cool, but there is still something about the classic lines/designs of the "older" Formula.

Bro ... you've got a really nice boat. Why not sit back, chill out, enjoy it, and maybe for a little while NOT give her something else to bi*** about?! Throw her for a loop! I bet she wouldn't know how to handle it.

Last edited by RedDog382; 11-30-2004 at 02:46 AM.
Old 11-30-2004, 03:01 AM
Registered

Years ago, there was a story about a guy here in Toledo who got himself a boat. It seems his girlfriend wasn't really all that fond of boating. The more time he spent boating, the more she would bi***, and the more she would bi***, the more time he would spend boating. Eventually, she gave him the ultimato ... the boat or me. He kept the boat and aptly named it "SPLIT DECISION".
Old 11-30-2004, 04:51 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RedDog382
Years ago, there was a story about a guy here in Toledo who got himself a boat. It seems his girlfriend wasn't really all that fond of boating. The more time he spent boating, the more she would bi***, and the more she would bi***, the more time he would spend boating. Eventually, she gave him the ultimato ... the boat or me. He kept the boat and aptly named it "SPLIT DECISION".

hmmmmmm
Old 11-30-2004, 05:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by RedDog382
Russ,

I think the boat looks great. Considering the above , why don't you bolt the tubular platform on and run it "as is" for a little while. All white with "Outlaw" would be cool, but there is still something about the classic lines/designs of the "older" Formula.

Bro ... you've got a really nice boat. Why not sit back, chill out, enjoy it, and maybe for a little while NOT give her something else to bi*** about?! Throw her for a loop! I bet she wouldn't know how to handle it.
Thanks, and THAT is exactly what I plan to do. Outlaw has been off the water eleven months now and I'm real tired of it being the largest lawn ornament in the neighborhood. Anything I decide to do about the paint, whatever, is a ways down the road. All I want to do is enjoy it and hopefully get the wife back into enjoying it. I think part of the problem is that it has sit so long and not been able to use it. She just sees it as a chunk of money doing nothing. Of course to me, just having it justifies it, but then again she's female and we ALL KNOW females don't think like us.

I committed last night to putting a tubular swim platform on, probably white, since SHE likes to sit back there and dangle her legs in the water. Will probably be a little while before I can afford it, they are NOT cheap. I'd like to sell my "silent thunder box" but does not seem to be much interest in it. So I'm going to clean it up real good and store it for now.

I remembered to take the movies back to Movie Gallery yesterday morning BEFORE they were due, that threw her a curve in itself.
Old 11-30-2004, 07:53 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would try and stay away from the 180 grit paper. You will always see the scratches. I wonder if Gell coat safe paint remover would take off the stripes? Just a thought there. If I was trying to remove the stripes with sanding I would start with probably 600 or at most 320 grit. The more you wetsand the better it will shine and also stay clean. One side of my boat I sanded a LOT better then the other. I lost patience and just wanted to get it in the water. One side stays REAL clean and the other not so clean....

Jon

Quick Reply: "New Look" transom, getting closer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.