Notices
Formula

Formula Dash Panels

Old 05-05-2005, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Formula Dash Panels

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Ok Nort so what gives on the boost guage? You using it for Vacume or are you up to something!!!!

I already had the holes cut for the gauges, so we added the rest.
Attached Thumbnails Formula Dash Panels-dsc00240.jpg  
Old 05-05-2005, 10:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Do you have a pic of it now? I had mine repainted besides the new panel and also re-did the silkscreen lettering...but there was no Formula outline (I think you mean logo). Let's see a pic!

Yeah the logo, my concern is the left side passenger one not matching. Id loose the 271-SR1 and Logo.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:14 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stang, I am sort of doing what you are asking about as we speak. A screen printer who is willing to do a one shot, one off job can duplicate the perimeter pinstripe and the "art" on your portside dash panel by scanning what you have before you slather it with white paint. Also you would need to scan your two instrument panels if you wanted to duplicate that 1/16" perimeter pinstripe in a contrasting color.

To keep from destroying my originals, I have made, from blank 1/8" aluminum, the two instrument panels to house additional gauges and a mechanical drive indicator, and for no reason, decided to make a spare portside dash panel as well. Having the local paint store match the gray color was no problem. Inventing a way to duplicate the clear, non-glare texture so the new panels are as factory original as possible wasn't too hard. Driving around for two days trying to find someone willing to do the screen printing was the most frustrating step.

Right now the panels have been machined, painted gray, and are sitting at the screen printer. If that goes well, the textured clear is the last step.

The dash panels have been the most tedious part of my Whipple project because of the mass rejection by virtually every screen printer in my town to do a one off job.

Any way, what's wrong with gray?
Old 05-06-2005, 01:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh, and buying current model white panels will necessitate new gauges. There will be no threaded studs on the back side of the new panels to retain your VDO gauges.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:39 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I already had the holes cut for the gauges, so we added the rest.

WOW what you gettin for speed now?

Jon
Old 05-06-2005, 12:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Audiofn

WOW what you gettin for speed now?

Jon

Not sure Jon.....it pegged the stock speedo I have in there, and have no GPS connected anywhere at the moment. There's something neat about not really knowing how fast (or not fast) you are going. Still dialing it in.....turning 32 Merc 4-blades (non-labbed) and got a little over 5000 fully trimmed out. Still some work to to. Sounds cool!
Old 05-06-2005, 02:57 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

DAMN!!! 32'S What was your gear ratio again? As for the speed thing is that why RWD and Ruckus never had speedo's Did you dyno the motors? Looks like a big pully up top... Those whipples do sound cool. You running stock back deck? I can not figure out what to do with mine. I keep thinking scoops but then it really does not fit the "Formula look" so I can not decide. Problem is if you do not get the air in there then what is the point..... See now I REALLY want to come out for a visit
Old 05-06-2005, 05:48 PM
Registered

Thumbs up Re: Formula Dash Panels

Not sure Jon.....it pegged the stock speedo I have in there, and have no GPS connected anywhere at the moment. There's something neat about not really knowing how fast (or not fast) you are going. Still dialing it in.....turning 32 Merc 4-blades (non-labbed) and got a little over 5000 fully trimmed out. Still some work to to. Sounds cool!
Very nice, You are a shifty one,.....tell us who, what, where, etc.

KL
Old 05-09-2005, 09:52 PM
Registered

Jon....I'm assuming 1.5:1 ratio.....we ran them on a dyno, but the dyno was more to dial in the fuel presure and check things. It wouldn't take the full power. I think his dyno is rated at 500hp. The motors never left the boat. It will be in Family Performance Boating magazine.

Kevin....who is Maveric Marine in the valley. Joe Bacca trained with him before he worked for Dick Simon and then got his own shop. How is your bad machine coming? Still haven't seen it (actually run) yet!!
Attached Thumbnails Formula Dash Panels-dsc00242.jpg   Formula Dash Panels-dsc00241.jpg  
Old 05-09-2005, 10:47 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

What did ya find in the cabin after that job

Quick Reply: Formula Dash Panels

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.