Notices

New Dash

Old 07-09-2005, 07:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Dash

My white dash finally done
Attached Thumbnails New Dash-p1010003.jpg   New Dash-p1010008.jpg   New Dash-p1010004.jpg  

Old 07-09-2005, 10:45 PM
Registered

Default Re: New Dash

looks good!!
Old 07-10-2005, 01:27 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

good for you man!!!.......did you do it yourself???
Old 07-10-2005, 05:49 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Great Job!
Old 07-10-2005, 07:59 AM

yes I did it with the help of Don Braca
Old 07-10-2005, 09:29 PM
Registered

was it harder than you thought or easier than you thought.......?????

that is something Id like to do in the future.......new dash and gauges......Ive heard a bunch of different ways of doing it from taking a gauge out and reconnecting it under the dash then disconnecting it again and installing it in the new dash to ripping them all out and using a schematic to put it back to gether..........what was your process?????
Old 07-11-2005, 05:32 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

PMT...
Did Mine last year And it is a Undertaking the first time around.. The best way is pull the dash tag the few things that have to stay with the boat safty sw/ ign sw ect.... and do it on a bench with no distractions.. Should go fine the main dash has Quick disconects on the main harness
Bob
Old 07-11-2005, 07:45 AM

It wasen't as bad as I originally thought it would be. I just got up under the dash with a roll of masking tape and a sharpie and marked each wire. Almost all of the gauges have the same wiring. Ground (G), ignition hot(i), sending unit (s) then you have Illumenation (if you are going with Gaffrig guages) they have a hot and a ground. Fountain just uses a single wire (hot) and grounds through the alum dash. I just ran a jumper wire from the ground post up to the light (-). It looks like a mess under there its not too bad. Take all of the tabs/ trim switch screws out of the dash and don't unhook the wires, I did the same with all of the toggle switches on the dash just left them all hooked up. You do have to cut the wires to the little switch indicators (red lights) next to the switches, they will not fit through the holes. All in all it really wasen't that bad. I also go a chance undo some things the previous owner did half assed under there. If you have everthing there. I bought the dash panel and mounted all of the guages and bezels on my couch ( I also kept the guages in the same arrangment they were on the old panel) that way the wire lengths are the same. I did have to drill some new holes on one side the white dash panel didn't exactally line up.

I had my body shop painter ( I work at a chevy dealership) paint my factory throttle/ shifter. And the dash panel and guages/ sending units/ steering wheel and advice came from Don Bracca, [email protected] or his web site ishttp://www.tpmarine.com/index.asp
Old 07-11-2005, 07:49 AM

Oh and Todd Howerton powercoated my side switch panel and did a great job, [email protected]
Old 07-11-2005, 11:42 AM
Registered

......I'll do it one day but I look up under that dash (twins) ......pretty scary......Bob,Redline......where did you purch you dash and gauges from??..............doug
anything you guys would have done different???

Quick Reply: New Dash

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.