Need Opinions.....

Notices

Need Opinions.....

Old 12-18-2005, 12:27 PM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Opinions.....

What would you do? I wasn't in the market for a boat until spring time BUT I have found what I feel is an exceptional deal on a 01 29 Fountain w/500 efi. Should I buy the 01 29 or should I wait a bit and try to pick up a larger (35-38) OLDER Lightning. Due to a few different projects going on (House Remod) I have allocated up to 75K for a boat for the upcoming season. My last boat was a 02 Baja 29 Outlaw with twins. I boat in larger freshwater lakes with average wave heights in the 1' to 2' range. Obviously, the 01 29 is a SMOKIN' deal and I really don't want to miss it. What do you think???
Old 12-18-2005, 01:56 PM
Registered

Default Re: Need Opinions.....

There should be some deals out there now. I vote bigger the better. Need good truck. TooOld sold his nice 98 35 for around 80 a yr ago. 500HP's with ext boxes. Good luck!!
Old 12-18-2005, 06:19 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Tough call. Sometimes you can get a better deal in the winter cause a seller doesn't want to store it and make payments thru the winter. And then again, some think they will get a better price in the spring, but then it's a yr older. If you find the boat you have to have, buy it.
Why the change from the Outlaw?
Old 12-19-2005, 12:21 AM
Registered

Me personally, would hold out for the bigger boat. Once you buy something you always want bigger. This a good time to find a deal on just about any boat I'd just keep your eyes peeled... Good Luck.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:35 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wait, you will find a good deal on a 35. If you came out of a Baja with twins, will you be happy with a single 500 H.P. ?The 35 is so much more boat than the 29. Both are good boats, but coming from a boat with twins, you may regret going back to a single motor.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:06 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Old 12-20-2005, 09:52 PM
Registered

I'm new to these boards and can't start a thread. My situation is the same though. I live in Charlotte, North Carolina and I'm trying to decide between a 2001 29' Fever for $58k with tandem Myco aluminum trailer and a 1992 35' Lightning for $55k.
The 29' Fever has a single HP500/Bravo. The 35' Lightning has twin 454's with a roller cam, new interior and a triaxle aluminum bolted Myco. The Lightning has twin 80 gal fuel tanks. The Fever has 130ish. 180 hours on the Fever. Not sure about the Lightning. I have C5500, 4 door rollback with a 19' aluminum bed for a tow vechicle. My current boat is an 18' Boston Whaler. I want to be able to pull my son on a wake board and be able to spend the night aboard. Which boat would you get? Thank you in advance. Bob
Also I'm going to put my website on the hull of the boat to advertise. Which one makes a better statement?
Old 12-20-2005, 11:08 PM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

Ozark,
Check Fountain of N. Texas www.fountaindealer.com For a pretty good deal on a 94 35 lightning. I spoke with Casey and was told that the price is VERY negotiable. I also found a real decent 38 in the boat trader. A very difficult choice indeed.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:27 PM
Registered

Received 91 Likes on 22 Posts

[QUOTE=ozarkguns) I want to be able to pull my son on a wake board and be able to spend the night aboard. Which boat would you get?[/QUOTE]

Unless you can wakeboard at 28 to 30 mph (the slowest a 29 will stay on plane) you wont be able to use a 29 let alone a 35........we pull tubes and waterski behind our 29 at 30 to 32mph.......a 29 is a big boat to ski behind......we have a LONG rope.......its actually kind of funny......you get these cocky azzed big talkin' teenagers that are friends of our kids that say how great of skiers they are......I open the pipes on the silent choice and go....."So bucco....ya wanna' go skiin' .....!!!????" suddenly its time for dinner!!
Old 12-21-2005, 03:56 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Beak Boater
Wait, you will find a good deal on a 35. If you came out of a Baja with twins, will you be happy with a single 500 H.P. ?The 35 is so much more boat than the 29. Both are good boats, but coming from a boat with twins, you may regret going back to a single motor.
Good Advice!! You Wont regret going w/a 35 if you go the 29 you will be looking to trade up in a year.

Quick Reply: Need Opinions.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.