Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Lookin for a lightning when I ran into this!!! >

Lookin for a lightning when I ran into this!!!

Notices

Lookin for a lightning when I ran into this!!!

Old 10-28-2006, 11:01 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Lookin for a lightning when I ran into this!!!

I agree get a better cradle . And welcome. And if you are close to AC join NJPPC .com the winter party alone is worth the dues.
Old 10-29-2006, 12:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 10x
Real sharp lookin ride. I agree with Mike. The first thing on your list of things to do, should be to take care of that problem of how the boat sits on those bunks. You may not think it is a big deal right now, but it really is. You won't notice it either unless you put a long straight edge on it, Once it starts to hook, it's too late, and it does'nt take long.
10X - THAT WAS JUST THE WASH RACK IT WAS SITTING IN SO I COULD TAKE SOME PICTURES - IT WAS THERE 15 MINUTES.

THAT IS NOT THE RACK I KEEP IT IN. THE RACK IT STAYS IN MIRROR IMAGES THE BOTTOM OF THE BOAT AND IT IS SUPPORTED FROM THE TRANSOM ALL THE WAY FORWARD COMPLETE WITH A 8.5 FOOT 1.5" STEP RUNNING FROM THE TRANSOM TO THE STEP WITH THE RUNNERS SPREAD TO 43" SO IT SITS SQUARELY ON THE CHINES ALL THE WAY FORWARD. THE RACK WAS CUSTOM MADE FOR THIS BOAT AND WAS COMPLETED BEFORE I BROUGHT THE BOAT HOME ON A TRIPLE AXLE ROADRUNNER BUNK TRAILER THAT WAS ALSO CUSTOM MADE FOR THE BOAT. CHECK OUT THE RESPONSE I SENT TO MIKE - IT IS THE FIRST ONE ON THE TOP OF THIS PAGE (2) AND TELLS WHAT ALL WAS DONE.

Last edited by 35 fountain; 10-29-2006 at 01:37 AM.
Old 10-29-2006, 12:15 AM
Registered

Exclamation Re: Lookin for a lightning when I ran into this!!!

Originally Posted by ReggieRaft
I agree get a better cradle . And welcome. And if you are close to AC join NJPPC .com the winter party alone is worth the dues.
REGGIERAFT - THAT WAS JUST THE WASH RACK IT WAS SITTING ON SO I COULD TAKE SOME PICTURES. IT WAS ONLY THERE 15 MINUTES.

THE RACK THE BOAT ACTUALLY STAYS IN IS CUSTOM MADE FOR THE BOTTOM OF THE BOAT. SEE MY RESPONSE TO MIKE AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE (2) IT EXPLAINS WHAT ALL WAS DONE.

I loved Jersey when I lived there - Ocean NJ. 1.5 miles from the beach and 10 miles north of Point Pleasant. I used to get up and drive down to the beach to determine whether I was going to stay in Barnegate Bay or go offshore. I had the 29 Outlaw at the time. Been gone from there almost 7 years - thank you for the invite though.

Last edited by 35 fountain; 10-29-2006 at 01:14 AM.
Old 10-29-2006, 01:05 AM
Registered

Exclamation Re: Lookin for a lightning when I ran into this!!!

Guys - I love you All And the responses have been overwhelming and this is the most fun I have had since the boat came out of the water, but...........please!!! - If you have a response about the rack that it is sittin on in the pictures - It is just a wash rack that I used to get some pictures - Of course it is not stored like that. There is a complete description of the custom made rack that the boat sits on in my response to Mike at the very top of this page (2) Please check it out - Everyone seems to keep missing that one!!!

Last edited by 35 fountain; 10-29-2006 at 01:16 AM.
Old 10-29-2006, 05:58 AM
Registered

welcom nice fountain.
Old 10-29-2006, 10:43 AM
Registered

Looks great!! Only thing is the rack is not right for your hull
Attached Thumbnails Lookin for a lightning when I ran into this!!!-laughing1.jpg   Lookin for a lightning when I ran into this!!!-license.jpg  
Old 10-29-2006, 10:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 35 fountain
Guys - I love you All !!!
Attached Thumbnails Lookin for a lightning when I ran into this!!!-dave-1.jpg  
Old 10-29-2006, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 35 fountain
Mike - thanks for the tip. The picture shows the boat on a wash rack at the marina. It was only there for pictures. The actual rack that the boat is stored on has been modified with 8.5 foot 2x4s running from the transom to the step. The runners have been spread 43 inches so the boat sits squarely on the chines from the transom, all the way forward, with zero pressure on the edges of the steps. The marina manager was kind enough to allow me to do the mods myself and provided me with the forklift with a work platform, a dock kid for a helper and new deep pile carpet to boot. The 2x4 is 1.5 inches high (the hight of the single step) and runs the lenght from the transon to the step supporting the boat over the entire 8.5 feet between the 2 points. I now have a stepped rack to support perfectly, my stepped hull. The owners manual gives an illustration of this on page 14. The rack was then re-carpeted with deep pile grey carpet. I made these mods within a day of getting the boat home. The boat came with a triple axle Roadrunner bunk trailer that was custom made for the 35X so I know that it has always been supported properly. Thank you for looking out for me though. I greatly appreciate it.
AWEOME! You did it right! Enjoy the boat...they are awesome!
Old 10-29-2006, 02:13 PM
Registered

Re: Lookin for a lightning when I ran into this!!!

Originally Posted by Downtown42
Downtown - Moe's dont drive fountains. You dont see a bunny rabit attached to my post - do ya? Keep it straight son. What are you doing with (to) that gorrila in the picture?

Last edited by 35 fountain; 10-29-2006 at 02:45 PM.
Old 10-29-2006, 02:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fountain1fan
welcom nice fountain.
thank you