bottom solid or cored?

Notices

bottom solid or cored?

Old 12-19-2006, 09:02 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default bottom solid or cored?

Needing to install a thru hull in the bottom for a water pickup. Anyone know if the bottom is solid or cored? Considering the area up front in the cabin about where the sink is at approx 1' out from the center(keel) or possibly the underside horizontal surfaces of the chines at back.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:01 PM
NoQuarter

Default Re: bottom solid or cored?

Interesting...

Can't answer...

Just curious, what do you need a pick-up in this area for anyway?

Tom

Old 12-20-2006, 04:01 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Air conditioner.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

us1 i petty shure there cored if my crs mined is working right . call fountain they will answer your ? robbie
Old 12-22-2006, 05:43 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

I did call, I have also called a few other times. All exact same results. They do not return calls, period! At least they are consistant. And yes, the person was there.

edited out the pizzed off rant.

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 12-22-2006 at 06:02 PM.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:29 PM
Registered

i understand us1. i'll see what i can come up with after the holidays . robbie
Old 12-24-2006, 02:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
I did call, I have also called a few other times. All exact same results. They do not return calls, period! At least they are consistant. And yes, the person was there.

edited out the pizzed off rant.
I've come to the conclusion that they are just plain rude and just dont care. Reggie may have figured out how to build a good boat if you can put up with the quality issues but his service is misrable. I have yet to hear anyone say that they have had a positive experiance when dealing with the factory.

REGGIE - YOU NEED TO START LOOKING AT YOUR PEOPLE - THERE ARE NO EXCUSES FOR POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE, AND IF YOU ARE NOT AWARE OF THESE PROBLEMS JUST START READING THESE POSTS. THEY ARE FULL OF BAD EXPERIANCES. THEY ARE RUINING THE BUSINESS THAT YOU HAVE BUILT OVER THE LAST 3 DECADES - START TAKING CARE OF YOUR CUSTOMERS - THAT INCLUDES RETURNING CALLS AND OWNING UP TO DEFECTS. THIS, YOU BOUGHT IT YOU OWN IT, YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN JUST ISNT GOING TO FLY FOREVER - IT WILL EVENTUALLY RUIN YOUR REPUTATION AND COST YOU SALES.

Last edited by 35 fountain; 12-24-2006 at 03:21 PM.
Old 12-31-2006, 03:37 PM
Registered

35 Fountain, I used to work in the customer service department at Fountain. There are some great people that work in that department, so I don't understand why they have not assisted you. I will say that I don't believe that the factory's customer service has kept up with their production volume. Unfortunately, this leads to a large number of customers that are not satisfied with the service that they are getting. Hopefully, they will remedy this. It is a shame that such a good product, gets a bad rep, because the company has not considered this in their growth plan .
To answer your question, the bottom is cored from the keel (center) to about 11" out on each side. There are also coring "strips", that are placed in the bottom to help stiffen the hull. They will most likely be outside of the area that you will want to place the thru-hull. I hope that this helps, and if you need any further info, my phone number is 804-450-0957.
Chris
Old 12-31-2006, 04:26 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Actually I've had 2 positive experiances with the factory.

When I had my 2000 29 Fever the steering got real heard to turn. the local dealer wen tunder thus no local dealer. I called the factory and Jeff Harris and Steve Harelson both helped me out in fixing this problem.

My 2006 38TE had some marks on the t-top aluminum tubing. the only fix was to send it back up to Fountain to replace some of the tubes. Fountain and my dealer worked with me on the perfect non-boating time to make this happen. I called the factory and actually got Martin Sanborn on the phone and he saw to it that my boat was fixed and even called me back several times.

I'm not saying they are perfect but all you hear about is any negitive experence and the positive ones get over looked because the consumer is happy.
Old 12-31-2006, 08:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rackster
35 Fountain, I used to work in the customer service department at Fountain. There are some great people that work in that department, so I don't understand why they have not assisted you. I will say that I don't believe that the factory's customer service has kept up with their production volume. Unfortunately, this leads to a large number of customers that are not satisfied with the service that they are getting. Hopefully, they will remedy this. It is a shame that such a good product, gets a bad rep, because the company has not considered this in their growth plan .
To answer your question, the bottom is cored from the keel (center) to about 11" out on each side. There are also coring "strips", that are placed in the bottom to help stiffen the hull. They will most likely be outside of the area that you will want to place the thru-hull. I hope that this helps, and if you need any further info, my phone number is 804-450-0957.
Chris
Chris - I hear you and I believe the problem with the factory is that there parts and service for their current customers comes last on the list. What put a bad taste in my mouth was that they jerked me around on a full storage cover for 10 weeks and when finaly called them to find out why I had'nt received it yet - they told me that they had'nt started it yet because they didnt have a 35X in inventory from which to pull a pattern - now that is plain stupid - they have been building this boat for 16 years and dont have a pattern for it or know what its dimensions are!?!?!. That is an insult to my intellegence. On my second call I needed to find out what the paint code was for the AWLGRIP paint in my engine bay and they told me it was awlgrip white and that it didnt have a paint code. Well Awlgrip make 5 shades of white and everyone has a paint code. My friend's 42 poker run has been down there for 4 months getting repaired - what needed to be done should have taken 2 weeks max - Sorry if I sound like I am venting - I actually love my boat and am real happy with its performance.

The corring question actualy came from US1 fountain - hopefully he has read your response to my post. Sounds to me like Fountain lost a real good employe when you left.

Last edited by 35 fountain; 12-31-2006 at 08:27 PM.

Quick Reply: bottom solid or cored?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.