Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Shogren, got a serious question for you. >

Shogren, got a serious question for you.

Notices

Shogren, got a serious question for you.

Old 01-16-2007, 07:45 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Shogren, got a serious question for you.

Originally Posted by Rippem
because he's still gonna get put waaaay in the back of the priority line there locally, where and when he needs it.
This is basically the problem. Say something happens electrically with the boat (been there!) and it is under Fountain warranty....1st trying to find someone on the water to fix the boat is a problem or finding someone to come over to my house is next to impossible. I do not have a place to store a trailer nor do I have a truck to pull a boat like this.

right now my Fountian dealer comes to my house to fix my boat or I take to the marina they operate at and this marina can pull a 38'+ boat out of the water...lots of marinas here can't do that.

Wifey and I had a long talk tonight about htis and boats in general. Basically we are getting sick of the politics and lack of other service centers in our area. Boating has become a real big hassle and things like this takes the fun out of it.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do not know a whole lot about all of this but I figure I would chime in.

What if you buy this boat and it never needs any warranty work..?

You save $50,000.00 !!!

Thats a boat load of money
Old 01-16-2007, 08:27 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Does this practice appear more common with higher priced boats makes?
Old 01-16-2007, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Does this practice appear more common with higher priced boats makes?
We did it at Land Rover. If you didn't buy the car from us you didn't get a loaner, and you were put at the back of the line. It is the same with Harleys here in Houston. It up to the dealers.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:30 PM
Registered

this thread is crazy...bottom line...the marine industry needs to set standerds!!!! My parents owned chrysler dealers and this would not fly. the whole 5 star service started with Chrysler because of situations just like this. Dealers woulod be snotty with customers that didnt buy from them so chrysler started the 5 star. NOW...all dealers best kiss your arse because it goes directly to Chrysler. If you are a **** Chrysler makes it difficult on you priority for ordering. Queston is wich manufacuter is going to step and set some standers...I HOPE its FOUNTAIN!!!!!
FEVERMIKE I understand your problem. You should be able to shop anyplace for the best deal!!!
Old 01-16-2007, 08:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FeverMike

right now my Fountian dealer comes to my house to fix my boat
Now the other question...how many dealers offer that service?
Old 01-16-2007, 08:35 PM
Registered

FeverMike:
What about putting your dealer in touch with Shogren's and your dealer buy the boat then you buy off your dealer? Problem solved, even if say you pay an extra 10k for the boat, everyone is then happy.........Shorgrens moves another boat.........your dealer sells you the boat that they will now service...........you get service on your boat as you wish....seems to make sense to me. I know it doesn't give you the exact answer you want but gives a solution.

Good luck Mike;

Jay
Old 01-16-2007, 08:35 PM
Registered

another thought on the subject, who is to say the bigger dealers that sell 100+ boats a year vs the guys selling <20 don't get a better price break. Or better dealer rebates to offer better pricing.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:38 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

If I paid $50k more for a boat just because it was 'local', they better wax it before they leave too.

Mike, were they not budging on the price last yr because they didn't have too, or because they couldn't?
Old 01-16-2007, 08:45 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Single With Twins
FeverMike:
What about putting your dealer in touch with Shogren's and your dealer buy the boat then you buy off your dealer? Problem solved, even if say you pay an extra 10k for the boat, everyone is then happy.........Shorgrens moves another boat.........your dealer sells you the boat that they will now service...........you get service on your boat as you wish....seems to make sense to me. I know it doesn't give you the exact answer you want but gives a solution.

Good luck Mike;

Jay
Jay, my previous 27' Fever was bought by the orignal owner to that effect somehow. Riverview Marine in IL, and Grand Prix Marine or Pier 57 (I forget the full story and which of those 2) were involved in the sale/delivery of my 27. From my understanding, the buyer even took delivery on the side of the road. I have heard it was a nightmare with a lot of hard feelings. Not a good deal. The buyer seemed to be a PITA, from what I was told during my ownership of it.

Quick Reply: Shogren, got a serious question for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.