Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Shogren, got a serious question for you. >

Shogren, got a serious question for you.

Notices

Shogren, got a serious question for you.

Old 01-22-2007, 04:50 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Shogren, got a serious question for you.

Originally Posted by itilldo
FeverMike,

I'm about the same size as you (I'm 6'4") and there's a huge difference in leg room between the Lighting and Ex. I test drove a 35 Ex and a 35 Lighting this past July and I can sit down in the Lighting and not have my legs pinned up against the helm. If I go up to a 35 it will be a Lighting.

PS
My kids really like your Avitar. They ask if those are sun glasses and why does that dog have them on?... I tell them that the dog is really really fast and his eye's start to tear up with out them.
those are glasses made for dog's called Doggles (as in goggles) The dog (his name is Buddy) is old (15years) like Reggie and he just keeps on going...he's fast too!

I could not even sit or hardly stand behind the helm of the 35 EX I was in at my dealer. I was really bummed too! My problem is I only have 1 leg to stand on since my entire left leg is a prosthetic leg. I need to be sure I am comfortable, safe and secure behind the helm. I would like to be able to sort of stand lean back and wedge myslef into the bolster and use the bolster electric seat bottom to catch my azz in the rough water.
Actually the 42 Poker Run would be the perfect boat I think but I will be going the wrong way in size and money!
Old 01-22-2007, 06:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow Re: Shogren, got a serious question for you.

Sea Ray dealers take much better care of their customers who may move location to location. Anything goes wrong with a Sea Ray and any dealer will honor the warranty and their customer satisfaction is outstanding as a result. Infact "seamless".

I do know that many offshore builders want major repairs done inhouse. Usually I hear Fountain will do the work at their facility if you can deliver the boat to them.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Shogren, got a serious question for you.

Originally Posted by apmhost
Interesting Thread:

I just thought I'd let everyone know that American Performance Marine is the Fountain Dealer in Annapolis, MD on the Chesapeake Bay. We work on everyone's boat. Retail / warranty / whatever. We do everything we can to get your boat back to you quickly.

Regarding Fountain sales: We became the 7th Largest Dealer after <18 months with Fountain Powerboats. We're not number one but with ~50 Fountain Dealers out there... that ain't too bad.

Let us know if there is something we can do for you

410 573 0057 (office)
www.apmboats.com

Thanks,

glenn
Glenn, what will you be bringing to the DC or Chantilly boat show this year?
Thanks, Matt