Fountain Improvement Ideas >

Fountain Improvement Ideas

Notices

Fountain Improvement Ideas

Old 03-03-2007, 04:54 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 88Fountain
I know this wouldn't be considered an improvement, but rather a step back. I personally prefer the older style rectangular dash as opposed to the newer (I think 05 and up) style dash.
That is why Fountain has the 35 and 42 Executioner models.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:03 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm thinking we won't get no Xmas card from RF now.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
I'm thinking we won't get no Xmas card from RF now.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:06 PM
Registered

OK so far we have some good input.
Attention to details is the biggest concern and that includes:

*Clean up the electrical wire rigging especially at the helm. Notice how Cigarette, Apache, Concept, Outerlimits, Hustler, Skater, MTI, Active Thunder, Nor-Tech, Pantera and other have super clean wire rigging. This shows attention to detail, pride of workmanship, supports the wires better, and you can trace electrical wire problems easier.

*Clean the building debree (saw dust, screws, washers, tie wrap clippings, sandpaper bits) out of the boat especially since it clogs up the water drains

* clean up the carpet installation with how it is glued down

* use shorter bolts to attach upholstry especially around storage lockers because the long bolts snag clothes and towels while in storage

* buff out gel coat blotches

*windshield fit and finish... Equal spaces left to right and the gasket materials to actually keep the water out. No 1/4" gaps in the foam tape because water runs down into the cup holders.

* dash gauge layout. the driver can not see the gauges located behind the steering wheel

* better finish in the bildge instead of cheap white paint.
Finish the bildge off with gelcoat or paint with shiny awlgrip

*V berth needs a liner ,makes it stronger. No carpet in the head. The carpet up front gets wet and stained

* better graphics choices. graphics on the dash.

* choice of left or right hand throttles
Old 03-03-2007, 11:18 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Keep in mind some issues might account for a lower price than the Cigs, OL's Nortechs, MTI's, etc. Corners cut here and there.

Dash layout has always been a debate for yrs, but never addressed.

Graphics...... custom paint=premium price. You want it, you pay for it. Not an issue.

Fit and finish, shorter hardware use for the storage compartments, clean up of debris.....these items I feel are legit issues that are to do with workmanship quality/pride that should be addressed at FPB. These are not options that are being asked for at no charge.

Very good topic as long as it can stay productive and positive.

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 03-03-2007 at 11:20 PM.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:07 AM
Registered

also a sliding cabin door on the 35's and 29's
Old 03-04-2007, 09:24 AM
Registered

I would like to see an improvement on the hardware used to secure the hatch covering the swim ladder on the Lightning series. I don't think a barrel bolt lock is acceptable hardware for this application. Fountain offers several items stock that are options, or N/A on other brands, and I applaud them for this, so why scrimp by using a barrel bolt lock on the swim ladder hatch?
Old 03-04-2007, 10:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Keep in mind some issues might account for a lower price than the Cigs, OL's Nortechs, MTI's, etc. Corners cut here and there.

fit and finish, shorter hardware use for the storage compartments, clean up of debris.....these items I feel are legit issues that are to do with workmanship quality/pride that should be addressed at FPB. These are not options that are being asked for at no charge.

Very good topic as long as it can stay productive and positive.
I agree but so far except for the cabin liner comment all of this is just workmanship. The cleaner electrical wire rigging would take a few more man hours but for the cost that is associated with these boats already this should be priority job #1. Once Fountain has the pre-made looms pre cut, install is a snap. However the electrical wire rigging could easily be a whole lot better.

Also THANKS for everyone keeping this post positive and on track. Hopefully those at Fountain that monitor this forum will take note of what there customers are asking for.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:16 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Think im goin used outerlimits. The Quality and fit & finish is amazing! My 05 35x is falling apart already and is full of stress cracks, water leaks ect... Its really a shame. Very dissapointed!
Old 03-05-2007, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

With Fountain being a step hull producer I'd like to see them spend some time working on a transducer location that works when the hull is on plane. This is a problem tha tgoes across many models and hull changes.
If the issue is aireation then maybe they could work with Airmar or another transducer manufacturer and figure out how to read depth accuratly on plane.
I think it's nuts that they build a boat hull that is incompatible to most transducer types and mounting locations. I'm sure all of us have been in situations where we werre in water much thinner than we expected and either lucked out or hit something.
Yes, this is a issue that many other manufacturers of stepped hulls also have but why not be a front runner ?

Also, my hull has a stand up heads with holding tank. How about some form of indicator for how full the tank is ?
ed

Quick Reply: Fountain Improvement Ideas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.