Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Fountain Improvement Ideas >

Fountain Improvement Ideas

Notices

Fountain Improvement Ideas

Old 03-05-2007, 04:21 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Interceptor, every step hull has this problem with a transducer reading the bottom depth while on plane. Because with a step hull the water is aerated and therefore you can not use a transom mount transducer. Shoot through hulls glued to the inside of the hull have never worked all that well at speed.Knowing the bottom depth while going 40mph is not really doing you any good anyway because by the time it get's too shallow you are already run aground.
On my 38TE my shoot through hull transducer is mounted in a device that hold a transmission type of liquad. This helps in shooting throught the hull while on plane so I can see my sonor and read the bottom because I am looking for structire that holds fish. But once I get over 40mph the bow lifts up too much and I can no longer read the bottom. There is nothing that can be done from that point on.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. Less sawdust everywhere (Use a Vacuum)
2. Less nuts and bolts rattling around in the bilge
3. Remember to take out all the tools (Utility Knives and Screwdrivers)
4. Fit and Finish

Jackhammer
Old 03-05-2007, 04:45 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

some of these arent just fountain, redoing the transom on my nova..I found a cigarette lighter that had actually been glassed into the transom...
Old 03-05-2007, 05:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jackhammer405
1. Less sawdust everywhere (Use a Vacuum)
2. Less nuts and bolts rattling around in the bilge
3. Remember to take out all the tools (Utility Knives and Screwdrivers)
4. Fit and Finish

Jackhammer
Jackhammer, I could not agree more. I pointed out these isues on the post I used to start this thread.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by marylandmark
Yep! Talking with your wallet helps as well. Hey Reggie- I looked at a 31 fish but quickly discarded it because of the sloppy production job.
problem with that logic is that there are enough sawblade wannabee's out there that will look the other way, that 50 pissed off existing customers or 50 turned off potential buyers that know better about fit and finish don't mean squat.

Last edited by Rippem; 03-05-2007 at 08:09 PM.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rippem
problem with that logic is that there are enough sawblade wannabee's out there that will look the other way, that 50 pissed off existing customers or 50 turned off potential buyers that know better about fit and finish don't mean squat.
Rip old boy, havent seen you here in a while. I was worried that mike skeered you away. Dig the coyote.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Fever Mike,
"There is nothing that can be done from that point on."
Your reply is much like a factory blow off. I understand how the typical transducers works and the various application and styles and mounting locations.
What I did not consider when I bought a stepped hull is the aeration caused by the step. My fault.
What I'm suggesting is the manufacturer spend a little time and money along with the transducer manufacturers and possibly a breakthrough may happen.
Think of this ............Maybe the insurers will figure out stepped hull boats cannot read depth when on plane so lets cancel their insurance since they'll be bashing a lot of props and lower units.
ed
Old 03-06-2007, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 35 fountain
Rip old boy, havent seen you here in a while. I was worried that mike skeered you away. Dig the coyote.
I'm around.
Naw...Mike and I are tight.

Wile E. is my boy. We have alot in common.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Interceptor
Fever Mike,
"There is nothing that can be done from that point on."
Your reply is much like a factory blow off. I understand how the typical transducers works and the various application and styles and mounting locations.
What I did not consider when I bought a stepped hull is the aeration caused by the step. My fault.
What I'm suggesting is the manufacturer spend a little time and money along with the transducer manufacturers and possibly a breakthrough may happen.
Think of this ............Maybe the insurers will figure out stepped hull boats cannot read depth when on plane so lets cancel their insurance since they'll be bashing a lot of props and lower units.
ed
I do not work for the factory nor am I blowing you off with my reply. I can see how reading the bottom at under 40mph is beneficial to fishing guys looking for structure. I can not see how running in unknown waters at speed and relying on a depth finder is going to save anyone from running aground or dinging props. That is what charts are for. Idleing and being able to read the depth finder works but at speed by the time you read it just went from 10 feet to 2 feet of water it's too late. This has nothing to do with step hull or traditonal hull.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:06 AM
Registered

Rippem is cool with me...we have fun going at each other...it's all good.

Quick Reply: Fountain Improvement Ideas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.