35 ex. numbers >

35 ex. numbers

Notices

35 ex. numbers

Old 06-06-2007, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what gear ratio?

if its a 1;65 then you will . easier than if you have 1 :50.
but you should be able to turn them.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:21 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by monstaaa
what gear ratio?

if its a 1;65 then you will . easier than if you have 1 :50.
but you should be able to turn them.

'99 35 Lightning w/500 carbs & 1.50's. Runs non lab 26 Hydros to 5300 (+/- a touch) and lab 28 bravos the same RPM and speed is close, cruise is better with the Bravos and top end better with the Hydros. I run both turning in, general boating I like the bravos, plane at lower speed and cruise faster. But top end and rough water handling my preference is definitly the Hydros. I like the tail lift and the more level attitude at speed. Non lab 28 Bravos ran right around 5000 the one time I tried them and actually gave close to the same top speed as the other two sets, the lab versions accelerate better.

Have you ever tried the Hydro P5's, not the X's, on a single step 35, how'd they work out.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by epeek
Sounds about right. For me, I'll take the 10 mph at
cruise over the extra 2 mph @ top end and 7-8 @
cruise. I rarely run @ WOT...so its a good trade off.
It is a good trade off...right up until time you get passed by 2 mph!! This is by no means a critical comment but we all pay a lot of money to purchase, maintain and fuel these li'l beauties. They are, after all, "go fast" boats and most of us want to enhance them to go faster. I, for one, do not want to trade top end for anything; which is why I am toying with the idea of going with the Throttle Up CNC 5 blades. The claim is an increase in mid-range (not as much as the stock Maximus), and an increase in top end as well. I know I will get beat up by someone out there but I like entertaining the idea of "best of both worlds"...elusive though it may be. OK guys, I'm ready so let me have it!

G-

Last edited by gferdon; 06-07-2007 at 03:58 PM.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:12 PM
Registered

never tried the p5's on a 35, but they work well on a 38.
they tend to give up plane time, some cruise vs the max, but are fast up top. some sacrifice on the handling at speed.

as ferdon mentioned i to would like to try a set of these cnc 5 bld's, havent as of yet so no input there.

i would still say for the over all advantage i'd go with the max's.

an ultimate scenario would be to have a set of 4 bld merc's with a sick labing, t o have when out with just 1 other person and looking to run. and then have a set of max's , tweaked, for every other day.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by gferdon
It is a good trade off...right up until time you get passed by 2 mph!! This is by no means a critical comment but we all pay a lot of money to purchase, maintain and fuel these li'l beauties. They are, after all, "go fast" boats and most of us want to enhance them to go faster. I, for one, do not want to trade top end for anything; which is why I am toying with the idea of going with the Throttle Up CNC 5 blades. The claim is an increase in mid-range (not as much as the stock Maximus), and an increase in top end as well. I know I will get beat up by someone out there but I like entertaining the idea of "best of both worlds"...elusive though it may be. OK guys, I'm ready so let me have it!

G-
Let me know how you make out if you go for the CNC'd
props. Oh, hell yes I want the top end!!!! Just not @ the
sacrafice in the cruise. I made a valient effort to get
both...but after 400.00 in shipping props across the
U.S. , three labbed props & 3k later...I gave up.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:23 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by epeek
Let me know how you make out if you go for the CNC'd
props. Oh, hell yes I want the top end!!!! Just not @ the
sacrafice in the cruise. I made a valient effort to get
both...but after 400.00 in shipping props across the
U.S. , three labbed props & 3k later...I gave up.
I hear ya', this can be an exasperating sport! I will let you know the results if I decide to go that way.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:47 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gferdon

G-
Guess it depends on what your priorities are. I'd rather have both but if I had to choose I'd take an extra 10mph at cruise over 2mph on the top end any day. Guess its all in how you run your boat....
Old 06-08-2007, 06:27 PM
Registered

or you can do what i suggest to many. buy a second set of props. one for top end. one for hangin and bangin.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:02 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Has anyone tried a set of 30 Hydro Q4's on a 35ex yet? I will be splashing my 99 35' this weekend for the first time with the whippled 500 efi's, have Bravo 1.36 drives and a set of stock Bravo 32's and will also be testing a set of the Hydro q4 30's soon.
Old 06-09-2007, 01:26 PM
Registered

i used to run a hydro on my race boat. i didnt care for it. but i used it as a spare if i damaged my bravo during a race.

i have yet to try out their new cnc props. anyu input on those

Quick Reply: 35 ex. numbers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.