Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
New Fountain ad in Powerboat!!!!!! >

New Fountain ad in Powerboat!!!!!!

Notices

New Fountain ad in Powerboat!!!!!!

Old 08-09-2007, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How many of these are there out there? 2 or 3 maybe? This is a HOT chit boat no doubt, and a very high quality boat, but its not a production boat like the Fountain.
QUOTE]

the rio roses is not built from the production mold and has had many modifications to the hull....thats not production either.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by lowblue320
the rio roses is not built from the production mold and has had many modifications to the hull....thats not production either.
Thats correct, but as far as Fountain is concerned in the Powerboat test, THAT is a production boat. the 2 Skaters aren't. Thats the only reason I brough up the Rio boat. The Rio boat was compared to the Cig/Skater 1 off boat.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:50 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

There's an old marketing and political adage that reads: Never criticise your competitors because it only belittles you in the long run.

This so-called ad is simply a badly worded rant at every other performance builder.

Reggie is Reggie and, contrary to Apache Pete's assumption, he ain't that cool, and he does exhibit self esteem and ego issues.

His boats are no faster than a number of others, but they are generally smaller for a given length. His record speed was indeed a perfect example of weight to horsepower overcoming speed limitations. Yes he got away with running faster than Johnny, but in all honesty no vee bottom has any business running at those speeds in the first place.

At the end of the day the speed and dangers that they faced in their old open cockpit outboard tunnel boat racing days far exceed the oxygen equipped, safety cockpitted, 5 point harnessed, speed run that he and Ben experienced in the big Vee, and were far more impressive (deck to deck at 130+ in a 250 lb hull). However, Reggie learned long ago that those exploits are Greek to his legion of basically uninformed Offshore fans so he occasionally dons a helmet and jacket and plays 21st century Barnum to his target audience.

As long as no one gets hurt I guess there is no harm in this, but it is getting awfully tiresome having to listen to the chorus of cheers surrounding what is, at best, overblown self agrandizement and, at worst, a waste of shareholders' investment dollars.

T2x

Last edited by T2x; 08-09-2007 at 01:53 PM.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by T2x
This so-called ad is simply a badly worded rant at every other performance builder.
Is there anything in the ad that is not a FACT?

he does exhibit self esteem and ego issues.
Every world class athlete has the same qualities, and in offshore Reggie has the record to back up the world class.

Yes he got away with running faster than Johnny, but in all honesty no vee bottom has any business running at those speeds in the first place.
I think thats for the people that run them to say, not us. Reggie and JT made their choices. JT said the boat couldn't go any faster in safety and backed off. Rio had a rough 1st run, and slowed. They had a perfect 2nd run and ran the higher speed. As far as how fast boats run, 10 years ago who would have thought that cats would run 150 day in and day out? Hell, 15-20 years ago who would have thought that a family cruiser could run 60?

At the end of the day the speed and dangers that they faced in their old open cockpit outboard tunnel boat racing days far exceed the oxygen equipped, safety cockpitted, 5 point harnessed, speed run that he and Ben experienced in the big Vee, and were far more impressive
The safety features are called progress. Would you rather have an accident in a car with full air bags, and seat belts, or in one from the 50's?

As long as no one gets hurt I guess there is no harm in this, but it is getting awfully tiresome having to listen to the chorus of cheers surrounding what is, at best, overblown self agrandizement and, at worst, a waste of shareholders' investment dollars.
OL, and Cig are private companies. They answer to themselves. The amount of money Reggie spends on Kilo runs is chump change, compared to the Company sales. Not to mention the ton of free advertisements he gets for his product by doing it. What is wrong with Reggie (or Cig or OL for that matter) going out and getting all this attention for free? Cig got an article in Powerboat on their run, OL got a bunch of space in Powerboat when they did their run, and Reggie got the same. How much does a full page PB ad cost? They got them for free when they did the runs.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would just like to see the ad . . .
Old 08-09-2007, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Donman
I would just like to see the ad . . .
Barnes & Noble, and Borders both have it.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:13 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by marylandmark
Car from the 50's - they were built like tanks back then!!!

That was my first thought as well ....

Btw .... I wish my dad had a boat, I buy chevy and love chevy winnin in Nascar, and will refrain from Fountain comments since Team Wahoo just bought one and like Donman, would love to see the article but I dont have time to go find one. JC, can you bring yours with you to LI?
Old 08-09-2007, 08:22 PM
Registered

The last paragragh sums it all up
"Folks , you can go to Europe. You can go to China. You can cry and make every excuse in the book, but you cant hide from the FACT that Fountains the fastest boat on the planet and has won more championships and set more speed records than all the others combined. Talk is cheap - only winning counts! If you want the best only a Fountain will do!"
unquote.............
HEY DONT HATE, CONGRADULATE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-09-2007, 08:49 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
There's an old marketing and political adage that reads: Never criticise your competitors because it only belittles you in the long run.

Reggie is Reggie and, contrary to Apache Pete's assumption, he ain't that cool, and he does exhibit self esteem and ego issues.

His boats are no faster than a number of others, but they are generally smaller for a given length. His record speed was indeed a perfect example of weight to horsepower overcoming speed limitations. Yes he got away with running faster than Johnny, but in all honesty no vee bottom has any business running at those speeds in the first place.

At the end of the day the speed and dangers that they faced in their old open cockpit outboard tunnel boat racing days far exceed the oxygen equipped, safety cockpitted, 5 point harnessed, speed run that he and Ben experienced in the big Vee, and were far more impressive (deck to deck at 130+ in a 250 lb hull). However, Reggie learned long ago that those exploits are Greek to his legion of basically uninformed Offshore fans so he occasionally dons a helmet and jacket and plays 21st century Barnum to his target audience.

T2x
Folks we finally have a face to go with the post...
Attached Images   
Old 08-09-2007, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x

T2x
Chevy Dodge Ford and so on all call out there competitors in TV and print adds. Coke and Pepsi do the same...Beer co's too. I liked the add. I read it and had many reactions to this add. Funny thing is like I pointed out in an earlier post is how Fountain can get everyone to read his add and I bet you like I skip over and hardly read many other adds in Powerboat.

Quick Reply: New Fountain ad in Powerboat!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.