Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Fountain (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/fountain-37/)
-   -   Test result Formula,Fountain,Donzi why? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/fountain/175008-test-result-formula-fountain-donzi-why.html)

stainless 12-16-2007 09:33 PM

king of shaves looked real good !

gerritm 12-17-2007 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain (Post 2373730)
I'll be the 1st to say the rigging on Fountain has a long way to go. Under the dash and the wiring under the gunwalls looks terrible. Maybe since that is out of sight and really is nothing more than bragging rights, Fountain doesn't see fit to spend more time ($$$) in those areas? Just guessing.

You're right, AT are nice. Never said otherwise.

My 2005 42 EX is rigged just fine. I have been under the dash and in the gunwales and everything is wire tied together and bundled very well. The engine compartment is nice and neat. Everything is in a good location for service and wires and hoses are strait and look good. Now I have seen a few Cigs and OL with fancier rigged engine comaprtments, but mine looks and functions as good as anyones. Every time I open the engine hatches I get compliments on how good it looks in there.

BKSAE 12-17-2007 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by spilman (Post 2369776)
One post on here I read after I posted that said exactly that; a 32 sank in the ocean; took one over the back. I am just stating some of the issues I know others are concerned with.
I usually cruise @ 55and pr @ 70, but that's just me. Enjoy your boat...I know we love our AT,that's the important thing; safe boating.

If you love them, then stay on the AT forums, not ours.

On Time 12-17-2007 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Monaco20 (Post 2373721)
This is my new boat *S* Not to bad ?

Even though it is not a Fountain:D

Looks a lot like my old '87 242 SS Formula. Just follow my path - keep it for 2 yrs. then buy a 33 Baja, keep it 1.5 yrs., then buy a Fountain and keep it forever!!

RaggedEdge 12-17-2007 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by BKSAE (Post 2374779)
If you love them, then stay on the AT forums, not ours.

Now don't send our buddy SPILMAN away just yet, he is working on telling us why the AT's are soooooo much beter than our Fountains. He's been doing his homework since saturday morning, must be a lot of stuf to research, taking a looooooog time. Or maybe he can't find anything at all.

:party-smiley-004: Where's SPILMAN ???

Monaco20 12-17-2007 03:28 PM

Hi Beak 42

Well I think I wil keep this boat a little longer then 2 years
and where I go from there, time will tell. My path: Gilbert 21`
140 V4 Evinrude, 1987 Scarab 26 Excell, Monaco 20 Mahogney
runaboat and the Formula 242 SS *S* Not many big boats but
a lot of nice boating anyway-

BKSAE 12-17-2007 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge (Post 2374864)
Now don't send our buddy SPILMAN away just yet, he is working on telling us why the AT's are soooooo much beter than our Fountains. He's been doing his homework since saturday morning, must be a lot of stuf to research, taking a looooooog time. Or maybe he can't find anything at all.

:party-smiley-004: Where's SPILMAN ???

Before I made that comment, I went to the AT forum (first time ever by the way) to find negative comments made by Fountain owners about his brand. Maybe there are some in there somewhere, just could not find any.

gerritm 12-17-2007 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Monaco20 (Post 2374917)
Hi Beak 42

Well I think I wil keep this boat a little longer then 2 years
and where I go from there, time will tell. My path: Gilbert 21`
140 V4 Evinrude, 1987 Scarab 26 Excell, Monaco 20 Mahogney
runaboat and the Formula 242 SS *S* Not many big boats but
a lot of nice boating anyway-

I had a similar path to my Fountain. Boating is boating have fun on the water, enjoy your new boat, be safe, and good luck.

Jassman 12-18-2007 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by BKSAE (Post 2374948)
Before I made that comment, I went to the AT forum (first time ever by the way) to find negative comments made by Fountain owners about his brand. Maybe there are some in there somewhere, just could not find any.

I found some right away..search Fountain in A.T. section...but thats immaterial they are in all the forums..except the Nortech forum:grinser010:...everyone is going to be brand loyal to some degree. Majority of the boats in this forums are great, some are better than others at certain things, bottom line..enjoy what you have, the stick out your chest my boat is better than your boat is all in fun...if you can handle it...and it doesn't get out of line...This is just a chat room...the real BS starts after the poker runs and the liquid encouragement starts flowing.:ernaehrung004:

Monaco20 12-18-2007 09:06 AM

Totally agree, but we need to have some fun and a little"BS"
I from Norway, and Jassman I se you have a good taste in style,quality and performance. The guys who made your boat
are Norwegians. It so cool that they have made souch a sucsess "over there". In Norway it lives 4 million people
all together. Not so many of us, of course a lot of Norwegians
went to US 100 - 200 years ago. NORTECH keep up the good work and make us in the old country proud :ernaehrung004: