29' single or twin looking to buy need advice >

29' single or twin looking to buy need advice

Notices

29' single or twin looking to buy need advice

Old 03-03-2008, 12:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

I have a very good looking 2000 - 29' with T-350 Mags for sale. I prefer the twins over a single especially when you have something as simple as a water pump go out you can at least limp back in and not worry about being towed... The small blocks are quite a lot lighter than twin big blocks and it comes up on plane very quickly..

That and with gas prices climbing its much more fuel efficient and easy on the pocket...

http://midwestboatparty.com/forum/4s...oduct=27&cat=4
Old 03-03-2008, 10:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

single
Old 03-03-2008, 11:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o21365-en.html

Go bigger, here is my 32 for sale
Attached Images  
Old 03-04-2008, 10:03 AM

Go with the single. Our 98 handled well, was easy on gas, and easy to maintain with all that room on each side of the engine. The 500HP was bullet proof, but plenty of potential if you needed more speed.

Maybe Downtown or others will chime in, but the 350MPI's are apparently not good candidates for any upgrades from what I've read on OSO.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:20 PM
Registered

i'm favoring the twins right now mainly for the comfort that if one motor takes a dump, i'll still have the other to keep moving i want to overnight throughout the great lakes ports so its mainly for that reason. i've taken all posts into consideration and appreciate everyones input not ready to decide exactly what boat i want yet.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:32 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikeroy
i'm favoring the twins right now mainly for the comfort that if one motor takes a dump, i'll still have the other to keep moving i want to overnight throughout the great lakes ports so its mainly for that reason. i've taken all posts into consideration and appreciate everyones input not ready to decide exactly what boat i want yet.
Have had to do that a time or two myself, and liked having the second motor to get back in on. But if the 29 twin is as tight in the motor compartment as our 32 was with 500 H.P.s, you had to take one motor out to change the spark plugs in between the motors. Or find a little miget to get them from under side of those Gill exhaust manifolds.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikeroy
Get a newer one with small blocks then...
Old 03-05-2008, 12:16 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Been that midget.... will do plugs, but much beer is necessary.....
Old 03-05-2008, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bleek
Hey Mike, the boat still fires on first try every time. I bought your old boat off of Rodney in VA, and it looks as good as new.
Holy cow! AWESOME....I loved that boat and it was my wifes fav. It is neat knowing where it is all the time. I took such good care of that boat and it was like new when Rodney bought it.

Enjoy it and post some pictures!
Old 03-05-2008, 12:06 PM
NoQuarter

Originally Posted by Innov500s
That is a really, really nice 32. On one hand, I'm finding that the 32 isn't really that much more money to purchase, and alot more boat. But, on the other hand, definately more money to run, one more motor to maintain and, alot more truck to pull it with safely. But man, having all that hull sure is tempting.

Quick Reply: 29' single or twin looking to buy need advice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.