Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Fountain 38 Lightning >

Fountain 38 Lightning

Notices

Fountain 38 Lightning

Old 03-27-2008, 04:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How was the transom? I would think having all new stringers would be a good selling point. I know to well that it is always an issue with older boats as you will soon see. If you have it all redone, the next surveyor wouldn't find any problems.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 89scarabIII
How was the transom? I would think having all new stringers would be a good selling point. I know to well that it is always an issue with older boats as you will soon see. If you have it all redone, the next surveyor wouldn't find any problems.
Transom was wet too, anywhere from 10 to pegged depending on where at. If it were a few stringers I would consider it further, but the MAIN stringer, down in between the motors was pegging the meter too. Wait till you see the pics.

Another thing that would scare me is totally disassembling the cabin, I can't imagine it would all go back together properly...?

There was a 7' area from the through hulls at the head almost all the way to the bow from the vertical section of the hull to the rub rail too. Looking at it from an access panel inside the head you could see fuzz on the fiberglass. There was also some stalag tight looking growths every so often.

This was the ONLY area of the hull besides the transom that even read on the meter at all (but, of course, it read pegged at some points)

Last edited by PJDiesel; 03-27-2008 at 05:56 PM.