Anyone w a single ever tried running w the hatch cracked open >

Anyone w a single ever tried running w the hatch cracked open

Notices

Anyone w a single ever tried running w the hatch cracked open

Old 03-31-2008, 11:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mcprodesign
To get more air for the Blower? Most of the blown boats I have seen have a scoop ..Mine doesn't .It barely clears. Do you think the ol Reggicraft w the 2 air inlets is enough to let my starving motor eat ??
Any experience would be sweet..

I have to do like short passes to try to get everything figured out. I don't have a place I can run for miles except the ocean and today it was 10' swells and WOW .!! 8-10 with an ocational 12 was Like HOLY !!!!

The old 27' flew Quite well though. It must have been the full tank of fuel that made it handle it so nicely..That and me being a surfer ..So I can read the ocean waves.

I was thinking If I were to loose power I would be consumed by the ocean for sure..One of them almost broke..

Anyway that all happened today...
Have you tried running with out your hatch on to see if there is any difference? I am getting ready to install a scoop on to my 27, but I have a clearence issue so I have no choice. Would love to se some pics of your set up, mine is about 2 inches to tall for the stock hatch. Woundering what you did different than me. Also would love to see some pics of the back seat area, as I am woundering what the best way to address that is as well. Do you run a three inch belt or a two inch whith a short snout.

thanks

tthoene at sbcglobal. net.

Thanks
Old 03-31-2008, 11:46 AM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Tinkerer
I dought that the stock air inlets are even close to being big enough. When I am out for max speed I raise my hatch an inch and my EGT temps drop at least 50 deg.
Your measuring EGT's on a gas motor? You mean your oil or water temp?
Old 03-31-2008, 12:11 PM
Registered

My naturally aspirated motor ran better with the hatch cracked. About an inch. You would be suprised how much air gets in there. I never had a problem with the hatch about to blow off. But then again I never really paid it much attention. Give it a try, the windshield should divert most of the direct air from making too much of a problem.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Deltarat
Have you tried running with out your hatch on to see if there is any difference? I am getting ready to install a scoop on to my 27, but I have a clearence issue so I have no choice. Would love to se some pics of your set up, mine is about 2 inches to tall for the stock hatch. Woundering what you did different than me. Also would love to see some pics of the back seat area, as I am woundering what the best way to address that is as well. Do you run a three inch belt or a two inch whith a short snout.

thanks

tthoene at sbcglobal. net.

Thanks
Had to cut a hole for belt clearence.. I'm running a 1050 dominator..Great on Gas
Old 03-31-2008, 03:42 PM
Registered

I was told to run with the hatch open about an inch by a high performance engine builder to allow more air to flow in as well as create some rear lift. I didn't notice any difference and achieved no better performance.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

EGT - Exhaust Gas Temperature.
Yes it is a gas engine and I tend to run things on the edge. Hence the name ( Tinkerer ) I run my exhaust almost dry for less backpressure.
I have 509's putting out 650 HP NA
Old 04-01-2008, 09:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mcprodesign
Had to cut a hole for belt clearence.. I'm running a 1050 dominator..Great on Gas
Your motor looks nice, is that a 2 inch belt on a short snout? Here is a pic of in mine, I cant wait to get it in the water.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:25 AM
Registered

Hey Deltarat,

Nice looking shop and sick motor! Could you lean that board up against something else though? LOL

Mike
Old 04-01-2008, 09:37 AM
Registered

Thanks Mike, maybe I sould have posted this pic instead...lol
Old 04-01-2008, 11:11 PM
Registered

I thought of doing something about getting more air to my NA engines, but haven't found anything other than putting scoops on which I won't do. I would like to get more air in the stock openings.

I was at the LOTO shootout several years ago when someone did lose his hatch while running when cracked. Had some fiberglass work to do.......

Quick Reply: Anyone w a single ever tried running w the hatch cracked open

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.