Anyone w a single ever tried running w the hatch cracked open >

Anyone w a single ever tried running w the hatch cracked open

Notices

Anyone w a single ever tried running w the hatch cracked open

Old 03-29-2008, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone w a single ever tried running w the hatch cracked open

To get more air for the Blower? Most of the blown boats I have seen have a scoop ..Mine doesn't .It barely clears. Do you think the ol Reggicraft w the 2 air inlets is enough to let my starving motor eat ??
Any experience would be sweet..

I have to do like short passes to try to get everything figured out. I don't have a place I can run for miles except the ocean and today it was 10' swells and WOW .!! 8-10 with an ocational 12 was Like HOLY !!!!

The old 27' flew Quite well though. It must have been the full tank of fuel that made it handle it so nicely..That and me being a surfer ..So I can read the ocean waves.

I was thinking If I were to loose power I would be consumed by the ocean for sure..One of them almost broke..

Anyway that all happened today...

Last edited by mcprodesign; 03-29-2008 at 09:29 PM.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

scoops are for clearance. Think about the new twins or tripple applications in the newer boats. No scoops. for instance twin 1075 Mercs .
Old 03-29-2008, 09:48 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I dought that the stock air inlets are even close to being big enough. When I am out for max speed I raise my hatch an inch and my EGT temps drop at least 50 deg.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:27 AM
Registered

Just curious! Wouldn't you be worried about catching air under the hatch? Seems like it would be quite possible after awhile of the hatch weakening and blowing off! Also seems it would create drag. A classic example is a converible car. I had a 70 Torino GT convertible in my younger days. Would probably run damn near 140 with the top up, top down it would struggle to run 110! Granted that's an extreme example but seems plausible.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:02 AM
Registered

Same here I would worry about the hatch catching air and launching
Old 03-30-2008, 08:58 PM
Registered

how do they get enough air with these quad roller blowers? isnt it 4 blowers under the hatch?
Old 03-30-2008, 10:31 PM
Registered

Loto shootout a couple years ago there was a guy that ran with his hatch part way up I thought it was going to come off three quarters of the way down the track. I don't know if that is what he was doing or if he for got to close it all the way. I was just a spectaor.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:45 PM
Registered

i seen somewere. a fountain that they had opened the side vents some and had some fairly neet air scoops on the side that looked stylish yet worked rather well in getting the air into the engine
Old 03-31-2008, 07:54 AM
Registered

Mine ripped off and it wasnt even cracked! Dont run with the engine hatch open! That F...er weighed a sh!t load getting it into the boat. Iwas with my 2 small kids!
Old 03-31-2008, 09:10 AM
Registered

I am thinking about doing something like that with my Pachanga or possibly getting an extra bilge blower to help feed air. Has anyone added an extra bilge blower before and did it help?

Originally Posted by rob 221 lib man
i seen somewere. a fountain that they had opened the side vents some and had some fairly neet air scoops on the side that looked stylish yet worked rather well in getting the air into the engine

Quick Reply: Anyone w a single ever tried running w the hatch cracked open

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.