Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Water Leak 47 Lgt >

Water Leak 47 Lgt

Notices

Water Leak 47 Lgt

Old 09-15-2008, 07:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I checked this evening with a light in the dark, listened.... did everything........ The water seem to come in from the bottom of the bilge. So I am stupid enough to think it might be the drain plugs?!?!?!?!?!? Or it can be the generator inlet pitot tube.. I will lift the boat up and re-install the drain plugs. When the bilge pupls run dry, it takes about en houre before the pupm start automaticly. That is quite a bit of water.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:59 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Yup...its a bit disconcerting to say the least to know that water is coming in! It would take about 1/2 hour for my bilges to kick from "dry," then it would kick about every 20 minutes...this REALLY sucks when you are trying to sleep at night! DKahn, I think mine still does leak when I launch as well...not sure where it's coming from...there's always a little water in the bilge, but at least it's not coming in constantly like before!
Old 09-16-2008, 12:29 PM
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Yup...its a bit disconcerting to say the least to know that water is coming in! It would take about 1/2 hour for my bilges to kick from "dry," then it would kick about every 20 minutes...this REALLY sucks when you are trying to sleep at night! DKahn, I think mine still does leak when I launch as well...not sure where it's coming from...there's always a little water in the bilge, but at least it's not coming in constantly like before!
Hi Sommerfliesby,
I wonder if your leak could be one of the gaskets on the transom where the outdrive assembly attaches. I had that problem on another boat. If that is the case it is real important to get it taken care of (which means pulling the engines and drives), because if it is left unrepaired the transom wood gets wet and dryrots. That is a big deal. I had to replace the transom wood on my old 28 Campbell.
David
Old 09-16-2008, 05:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I checked another 47 today. Same problem there, pumps go on every time I went from the dock onto the boat from the side... Fountain gelcoat the bildge and hole in the transom before they intall the drives and "transom-assemblies". Even if there is a leak in between, I don't think the transom would suck up water. This problm is a pain in the ass!!