fountain 38  express cruiser >

fountain 38 express cruiser

Notices

fountain 38 express cruiser

Old 09-29-2008, 03:29 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 38fountainecman
Hey Outlaw 30, great to be related again. I guess I'm just picky having onwed Formula (you konw, you know, I beat those formulas now). I swear I don't go over 62 mph in those 12 footers. Bounces the kids around in the cabin, but I just wrap them in those cushy matresses that Fountain supplied with the boat. That is what they're for, right? Hey, Mike just loves his down in south florida, purchased a 2005 from Chicago, I think. They traded in his 35 outlaw, made him sweet deal.
Was up Ray call me sometime

i also have the separate master bedroom that has a door and is private for when you have the kid's or another friend on the boat
yes it is a great boat the best of both world's. of course it's not a 90 mph boat but it will still cruise at 45 to 50 mph all day long with the fuel sipping 496ho motor's there's a guy on oso that has 650 hp motor's in his and say's it run's 80 mph . either way your looking at a 15,000 lb boat with a 10.5 beam that is very comfortable and quick for it's size .
when i think about the boating i do mostly we run 45 minutes one way hang out all day at sandbar and then back, this is were this boat is great .
i turn the cabin a.c. on as soon as i start the boat and any time someone wants to cool off of take a break from the florida sun they go down into the cabin .
we havent used our's in a few month's brand new baby girl was born sept 1 2008 " labor day "
so i hope in a few week's i will be taking my family out for the day and overnight trip's again .
if you have any question on the boat feel free to call me anytime
MIKE
954-709-7191
Old 09-29-2008, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi! We ran one 38 EC in a poker run one time. The boat i a 2005 with twin 315 Yanmar diesels with Bravo III XR. The boat ran 50 mph on top, so we were one of the slowest. BUT on the streches out in the open ocean (6ft seas) we outran a 38 Nor-Tech center console with 2x525 gas.... Boat is rock solid. Nothing of the interior fails. Finish is not as good as on the lightnings though. Have had a problem with the ani-skid floor in cockpit. It is not possible to get clean no matter what we try. This is on this boat only....... Any suggestions what it can be? It is like the dirt came into the gel before it dried up completely, but that can not be the case, as the boat arrived here about a month after it was made.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boat swap

Mike,
Great idea you had on the boat swap strategy...
... but, the home office wants a NEW boat, so I am paying the long dollar this time.
I'll keep you in mind if any of my buddies are looking.

Carder
Old 10-01-2008, 07:19 PM

OK 38 EC is awsome, stick with the 496 HO, I would jump in but you are too far away, but damn I would have loved to take your boat in on trade.

BTW I think the Blue or black looks awsome on them.;

WILL
Old 10-01-2008, 07:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
OK 38 EC is awsome, stick with the 496 HO, I would jump in but you are too far away, but damn I would have loved to take your boat in on trade.

BTW I think the Blue or black looks awsome on them.;

WILL
no problem carder
is this the same Will that used to sell sunsation ?
Old 10-02-2008, 07:54 AM

Hey mike, No you are thinking of "Bill Braun" at Harbour point marine, he is the Sunsation dealer.

I am Will Murray, BTW if you still have that 35 OL, I will take it on trade for a Fountain if you like, and run circles around a sunsation.

WILL
Old 10-02-2008, 06:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
Hey mike, No you are thinking of "Bill Braun" at Harbour point marine, he is the Sunsation dealer.

I am Will Murray, BTW if you still have that 35 OL, I will take it on trade for a Fountain if you like, and run circles around a sunsation.

WILL
I HAVE A 2005 38 FOUNTAIN EXPRESS CRUISER NOW.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:24 PM
Registered

Nothing like a 38EC, I got one 5 yrs ago, since 03, its an 02 with a pair of 496 mag ho's. 60mph, on low fuel, don't let anybody tell you any different. the boat has been bullet proof, i would not trade it for any other boat. Wife and daugther love it. we did our last run of the season last Monday from Ontario Place to Niagra on the lake in 30mins and back in 35mins with 2 to 3 footers.
Take it from me everyone whose been on it loves it. Great, big water boat, did the Miami boat show poker run 2 years in a row, it out of this world, 6 to 7 foot seas on the last one. Last year the boat won Best Poker Run Boat by all the poker runners at the Miami Boat Show Poker run.
Rudy
Old 10-20-2008, 07:29 PM
Registered

I took the carpet out of mine, to keep it clean i use Spray 9, spray it on leave it for 10 mins, go over it with a brush and hose it down, should do the trick.
Rudy