Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Anyone selling early 2000 38'/42'??? >

Anyone selling early 2000 38'/42'???

Notices

Anyone selling early 2000 38'/42'???

Old 01-07-2009, 06:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will tell you that you will not find a cleaner boat for its age than EWB has.
Allen
Old 01-13-2009, 02:32 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=JayFan;2772237]Again, thanks for the info.. always interesting to get a firsthand view of things.. and from someone who has owned a few of them!!! I can't say so far I'm too impressed w/ Matt or Scott from Performance Boat.. I emailed them 3 times with simple questions and they can't seem to answer them via email??? I guess they are selling to many boats??? NOT!

I heard the same about the 525... I hear that is a far superior engine than the 500. I agree that there are and GOING to be many quality boats for sale...

Do you ever get down to Long Island sound?? I'd love to see the "biotch"... and so you can blow my doors off!! Hey, at least my boat has more colors!! If you don't mind I might ask ya somemore questions in the future about Fountains, engines etc.

ps.. how much of a pain in the ass are the left hand throttle controls!!! Reggie, Reggie, Reggie!
/QUOTE]

JayFan,

I'm not real sure what to say to you as I posted my cell phone # for you to call if you are interested. Feel free to call me anytime. I would be happy to answer any and all of your questions. Good luck on your search.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:25 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 29scarab10
Allen
He is right! I looked at it and it is first class all the way. It's as clean as a new boat with a bunch of cool upgrades!
Old 01-14-2009, 09:27 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 29scarab10
Allen
i see you changed your avatar and your boat type already!
Old 01-14-2009, 08:53 PM
Registered

I would buy EWB's boat, but I need to sell mine....I'm READY!!!!
Old 01-15-2009, 07:03 AM
Registered

I know the one you are looking at is a 35 but if you are interested in a 42 (I posted the link ot the ad earlier in the thread) I will take trades.

Let me know and good luck with your purchase either way;

Jay
Old 01-15-2009, 10:13 PM
Registered

Jay.... I would be very interested in your 42, but I don't think you have EFI's..... am I wrong.

Email me if you're serious...thanks

[email protected]
Old 01-20-2009, 06:41 PM
Registered

Personally, I think carbs may well be a better way to go. The problem with EFI on a boat, where all the wiring and connectors do get wet, is that things can get weird, and good luck tracking them down!

I spent as much as a new engine tracking down phantom problems with absolutely world famous engine shops, with NO LUCK, just lots of $$$ spent. Finally just had the entire engine wiring harnesses replaced, and the problems went totally away.

With a carb, nearly any idiot can figure out what is wrong, even me.

With EFI, it seems NOBODY can figure out what is wrong.

Also, the throttles on the left: its really nothing to get used to at all. And it means you can let someone else drive your boat, and you can stand centerline or reach from the left and do the throttle/tabs/trim, just like on a racing boat.

After all, that's why they are on the left, so its like a race boat! It works better, and faster, that way.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by carcrash
Personally, I think carbs may well be a better way to go. The problem with EFI on a boat, where all the wiring and connectors do get wet, is that things can get weird, and good luck tracking them down!
I have to disagree! I have never had a wet wire, the connections are weather tight, the same that are used on automobiles.
As far as not knowing what is going on with EFI, you need to find a better shop. I've hired "the best" & that guy couldn't tune up a lawn mower. I bought my own stuff & can "fix it all" on my own dime on my own time.
There is a learning curve & if you are not willing to learn......
Not to mention, my engines start every time, 1st time.
True a carb is easier, simpler & less likely to confuse, but it is not as efficient & makes less power, properly tuned than a EFI engine. Carbs are also bigger polluters compared to EFI.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:02 PM
Registered

Jay

I have a 38' fountain fever and may be interested in a trade - I have a houseboat now and dont need a 38' boat anymore. For some reason I can't post a picture. PM your email and I will send you a pic.

LP

Quick Reply: Anyone selling early 2000 38'/42'???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.