Fountain in business period. >

Fountain in business period.

Notices

Fountain in business period.

Old 03-18-2009, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Fountain in business period.

If we are going to have a discussion it should be based on a true premise.Fountain is a company selling to customers worldwide and has a listed stock value you can see for yourself.The company started up in 1979 and was very successful during a bad economy. We had a gas crisis and 20% interest rates. Then a luxury tax of 10% came later. I really can't believe they would suddenly shut down so why these rumors?
Old 03-18-2009, 06:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well crayolacrazy don't know your age but 720 credit scores and MONEY DOWN was the normal way to purchase all items. Not just boats. No money down and 550 credit scores are what caused the housing mess too. Unfortuanatly we as Americans have had it too easy for far to long and have forgotten the way credit should be used. Why banks were even lending to people with poor credit and no money gown was stupid. Yes it really got the economy going strong but at what price. look the shape its in now. We all need to look at the big picture. WE ARE ALL TO BLAME FOR HAVING IT TO EASY AND NOT LIVING IN REALITY!!!!
Old 03-18-2009, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fountainracing65
well crayolacrazy don't know your age but 720 credit scores and MONEY DOWN was the normal way to purchase all items. Not just boats. No money down and 550 credit scores are what caused the housing mess too. Unfortuanatly we as Americans have had it too easy for far to long and have forgotten the way credit should be used. Why banks were even lending to people with poor credit and no money gown was stupid. Yes it really got the economy going strong but at what price. look the shape its in now. We all need to look at the big picture. WE ARE ALL TO BLAME FOR HAVING IT TO EASY AND NOT LIVING IN REALITY!!!!
AMEN!!! i'm not old enough to remember, but im smart enough to know house purchases used to be good credit and 20% down and the market still went up and down...... all th boating market is going to do now is go back to normal, back to when good credit, a solid job, and money down bought toys,

not stated income, no proof of a job, and 600 credit, WTF were banks even thinking?
Old 03-18-2009, 07:25 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Fountain has weathered some bad times before and will likely survive this current mess. The man is not stupid, look at where he is, what he has achieved in life, most anyone involved in boating recognizes his name. Wonder why?

People need to face the fact that if they are living over their heads it will eventually catch up with them, and when it does it hurts. This downturn has just brought that fact around a lot quicker for some. Banks need to smarten up, some guy making 50K a year just plain and simple should not have a six figure toy financed out for 20 years on top of his 30 year interest only mortgage for a house he has no business being in in the first place. It's a failed deal from day one. You just don't need a lot of brain power to figure that one out. Personally I just don't think the majority of Fountain customers fall into this brain dead economic group, so I'm thinking he will weather this deal.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:26 PM
Registered

Amen Brother
Old 03-19-2009, 12:47 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Long live Fountain.... but please don't group me in with the "we". I live below my means, have excellent credit, work hard and pay all my bills. I have the one credit card for the unexpected emergency. I buy (pay for) what I can afford when I can afford it. In my eyes I feel as though I did no wrong, however my wallet will soon find out that I will be paying for the others that didn't.

Last edited by 99fever27; 03-19-2009 at 12:49 AM.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am so glad you startd this thread, I got tired of looking at the other, being on the top of the list, when Fountain is doing fine.

WILL
Old 03-19-2009, 12:37 PM
Registered

i dont have anything to add. just want this post to be on top of the other rediculas thread.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:28 PM
Registered

i dont have anything to add. just want this post to be on top of the other rediculas thread.
get your tissues ready
Old 03-20-2009, 06:43 AM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

Back on top

Quick Reply: Fountain in business period.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.