Notices

Fountain Customer Service

Old 08-21-2009, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by pookie
and I have to agree.
Well you're as free to agree as mcprodesign is free to post his view, of course.
But I hope you don't mind if I think that, with all due respect, the same can be said about both unsupported opinions of yours.
Old 08-23-2009, 12:36 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Obviosly Fountain makes a great boat.. It's just if you need something.. ( Like a part) You don't get the original stuff.. Like the toggle switches.. Made in china now.. ???? And kinda cheezy too.. Or the 215 dollar vinyl piece ( decal ) that goes on you dash.. $ 215??? Or the $ 700.00 piece of plexiglass fora windshield.. All of this is tolerable .. But Geting the run around because you don't have a new Boat and just want to make yours right .. That is not acceptible... The service is lacking in other words....
Old 08-23-2009, 08:30 AM
Registered

I have to agree with mcprodesign a little. I purchased a 2006 38ec back in spring 2007 and have been trying (unsuccessfully) to get dash trim switches, circuit breakers, and extra vinyl ever since I purchased the boat. I'm in Florida, but purchased the boat in NJ. When I was looking, there were no boats for sale in Florida. I've since tried dealers all over Florida for the parts, all very polite, but no parts. They would take my name, number, and list of what I needed, but would never call back. I finally got a hold of Dave in parts, took my list, but never called back. I even recently recieved an e-mail from Wyatt and responded very politely, but told him that I have been unable to get parts. Unfortionaly, no reply. I'm sure it is not Wyatt personally sending e-mails, but hopefully his staff will get back with me. I'm not looking to spend large dollars, but I did buy a new boat and just want to keep it that way. It seems that Fountain only responds to those boat owners that want to spend big $$$$. I've been a life long Formula owner, until this boat and I actually love this boat. It's the perfect combination of speed and luxury for me an my family. Also, I must say that everything Fountain manufactured has been great (except for a few non stainless steel staples in the cockpit). The things that are breaking are manufactured by other companies and I know there's not much Fountain can do about that. Also, being in central Florida, I don't have a dealer near me that I can easily visit and get the parts, so I guess that's part of the problem. Well, just my 2 cents.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am finding it hard to believe that you were unable to find dash trim switches or circuit breakers in two years. Fountain purchases those parts along with the vinyl from a supplier, who's name and part number is usually stamped on the back of the part. If you are not mechanicaly inclined to remove those parts yourself to figure it out, you should have called your dealer. If your dealer can't figure it out, get another dealer. Any time I needed something from Fountain they delivered; spare parts, OEM manufacturers for replacement parts that I can purchase directly to save money. They even helped pay for stress crack repair when stress cracks are not covered by warranty and the boat was out of warranty. When my new Donzi that was less than a year old had stress cracks, the factory told me to pound sand.

Last edited by aTX427; 08-23-2009 at 11:54 AM.
Old 08-23-2009, 12:03 PM
Registered

I actually did finally find the circuit breakers on-line and they were shipped by the supplier in 2 days, that problem is solved. I actually do all my own mechancial work on the boat, I've re-built two Formulas years ago, so I am mechancially inclined, I just don't have a lot of spare time. I'm not bashing Fountain, every time I've called, folks have been really nice, it just seams that I can't get anywhere with actually getting the parts shipped. My job is such that during the work week, I 've got a ton of stuff going on, so it is hit and miss on my opportunities to order parts from Fountain or anywhere elsee for that matter. I'll try again with Gail and see where that goes.
Old 08-23-2009, 12:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by aTX427
I am finding it hard to believe that you were unable to find dash trim switches or circuit breakers in two years. Fountain purchases those parts along with the vinyl from a supplier, who's name and part number is usually stamped on the back of the part. If you are not mechanicaly inclined to remove those parts yourself to figure it out, you should have called your dealer. If your dealer can't figure it out, get another dealer. Any time I needed something from Fountain they delivered; spare parts, OEM manufacturers for replacement parts that I can purchase directly to save money. They even helped pay for stress crack repair when stress cracks are not covered by warranty and the boat was out of warranty. When my new Donzi that was less than a year old had stress cracks, the factory told me to pound sand.
Donzi says the same thing when you have a problem that is covered..
Old 08-23-2009, 04:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 38fountainecman
I have to agree with mcprodesign a little. I purchased a 2006 38ec back in spring 2007 and have been trying (unsuccessfully) to get dash trim switches, circuit breakers, and extra vinyl ever since I purchased the boat. I'm in Florida, but purchased the boat in NJ. When I was looking, there were no boats for sale in Florida. I've since tried dealers all over Florida for the parts, all very polite, but no parts. They would take my name, number, and list of what I needed, but would never call back. I finally got a hold of Dave in parts, took my list, but never called back. I even recently recieved an e-mail from Wyatt and responded very politely, but told him that I have been unable to get parts. Unfortionaly, no reply. I'm sure it is not Wyatt personally sending e-mails, but hopefully his staff will get back with me. I'm not looking to spend large dollars, but I did buy a new boat and just want to keep it that way. It seems that Fountain only responds to those boat owners that want to spend big $$$$. I've been a life long Formula owner, until this boat and I actually love this boat. It's the perfect combination of speed and luxury for me an my family. Also, I must say that everything Fountain manufactured has been great (except for a few non stainless steel staples in the cockpit). The things that are breaking are manufactured by other companies and I know there's not much Fountain can do about that. Also, being in central Florida, I don't have a dealer near me that I can easily visit and get the parts, so I guess that's part of the problem. Well, just my 2 cents.
I'll bet you found Newark for the toggles with built-in circuit breakers. A little pricey, but great products!
Old 08-23-2009, 04:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mapism
Well you're as free to agree as mcprodesign is free to post his view, of course.
But I hope you don't mind if I think that, with all due respect, the same can be said about both unsupported opinions of yours.
How's this: I have owned a 47 Fountain for about 4 years now. Overall I have been very satisfied with the boat and dealer; however, there have been several occasions when I had questions or needed parts information that the dealer just didn't have. I have contacted Fountain customer service a few times each season with relatively simple questions ranging from engine part recalls to switch identification and parts supplier information. I have spoken to Tony, Gail, and others. I have contacted them by email and by telephone. I have NEVER gotten a return call with the information I requested. Not once. I have either had to research it myself or have the dealer find the information from Fountain.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by show-n-go h2o
Donzi says the same thing when you have a problem that is covered..
Donzi didn't cover anything while under warranty and Fountain did when the boat was not under warranty. I would never buy another Donzi.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:53 PM
Registered

'salright, pookie & mcprodesign.
Now that your views aren't unsupported anymore, at least I can understand them!
My limited experience was better so far, though I didn't ask for parts (yet)...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.