Old 07-21-2009, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boat is a 1999.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:14 AM
Registered

Wow,

Rossi, I feel for you......Most people that would actually have the 70K to spend on the deal of a life time would have a little more cooth than to put you through all of this.

Even if the deal fell through at the last moment, a respectful "potential buyer" would at least throw a little $$CHING$$ your way for all of the BS......at least a little gas money which would still be an insult but an attemp at being reasonable the very least.

Old 07-21-2009, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rossi
Boat is a 1999.
70k? Once the tire kickers clear the way you should move it very quickly. Good luck Rossi
Old 07-21-2009, 12:11 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

OMG, Springs???????? On used 1999 42 fountain........for $70K. Whoever heard of such a thing? I bet it has a few scratches too. Maybe even a stain on the carpet. Run man run
Old 07-21-2009, 04:58 PM
Registered

70K for a 99 42 is a hell of a deal, if all it takes is to refresh the top end of the motors big freakin deal!
Old 07-21-2009, 07:59 PM
Registered

I'll bet the air in the trailer tires needed changed, too. Seriously, valve springs ... what's the big deal? Uh oh, probably should have new seawater pump impellers too, bet they told you the engines need come out for those, too, right?

Last edited by bob_t; 07-21-2009 at 08:03 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No matter how bad I wanted it I would not have pulled anyone away from their family let alone try to low ball them afterwards.
If there was something wrong it just means I didnt do my homework BEFORE making an offer.
Your a class guy,, I would have been putting foot to ass.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:32 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HTRDLNCN
No matter how bad I wanted it I would not have pulled anyone away from their family let alone try to low ball them afterwards.
If there was something wrong it just means I didnt do my homework BEFORE making an offer.
Your a class guy,, I would have been putting foot to ass.
Spot on in my opinion...
Old 07-22-2009, 08:29 AM
Registered

Yea,

Thats what I thought. I really do not want to give anybody problems. I got the boat for debt owed, and now just want to move it. This way everyone is happy. I cannot get those days of vacation with my kids back for any $$.

Under $70k and I will let my girls use in in the backyard as a fort. It is not costing me anything, and I really do not need the money. This is why I hate selling things, More of a P.I.T.A. than it is worth.

Maybe I will have a 42' bonfire and write off the bad debt. might be easier.

Thanks for your input, it is really appreciated.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by stevemamanfountain
this fellow offered a 1999 42 fountin for sale a few weeks ago. after making arrangements to meet his to buy it, i found out the seller was hiding info. the 2 engines need to be removed and all springs replaced. lastt year, on spring broke and the last owner jsut replaced that one spring. the marina warned his the limit was 200 hrs and needed replacement of all springs. he did not go with it.
whoever buys the boat, get ready to take the engines out and rebuild the heads or more.

seller is a liar and not accurate with his description. wasted my time and his time as well.

70k was the agreed price. seller said the boat was clean and that the last owner was very strict on how he serviced his boat and always did whatever was needed. never cut corners.
i trusted that and went along until i spoke to the mechanics that took care of the boat.

buyer beware.

First of all....not having top ends done at 360 hours on a set of 500 effies is not the end of the world. Second of all.... Valve springs, seals, retainers big deal who cares?! That is so cheap and is considered basic maintanance that can be done with the heads still on the motors and the motors still in the boat with nothing more than an afternoon and some parts from Summit Racing or Jegs. Third of all.....It's is a 42 lightning for only 70k! Got to be an idiot to walk away from that deal. I can hear Rossi jamming out in his car to the Billy Squire song... The stroke right now! I think you that Steveman is obviously uneducated as evidenced by his posting and has terminated the deal for another undisclosed reason. I think every one on here would not pass on a 42 lightning at 70k just because the boat needed valve springs replaced.

RAF

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.