stay away from rossi >

stay away from rossi

Notices

stay away from rossi

Old 07-19-2009, 01:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stay away from rossi

this fellow offered a 1999 42 fountin for sale a few weeks ago. after making arrangements to meet his to buy it, i found out the seller was hiding info. the 2 engines need to be removed and all springs replaced. lastt year, on spring broke and the last owner jsut replaced that one spring. the marina warned his the limit was 200 hrs and needed replacement of all springs. he did not go with it.
whoever buys the boat, get ready to take the engines out and rebuild the heads or more.

seller is a liar and not accurate with his description. wasted my time and his time as well.

70k was the agreed price. seller said the boat was clean and that the last owner was very strict on how he serviced his boat and always did whatever was needed. never cut corners.
i trusted that and went along until i spoke to the mechanics that took care of the boat.

buyer beware.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:31 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 07-19-2009, 08:00 AM
Registered

Steve,

You little puke. Anyone with a brain can read all of your posts, and all of mine and easily figure out who is lying.

Enigines need to be pulled? Spring broke? You are a POS liar.

Why would I put you in touch with the previous mechanic and marina if I was trying to deceive you in the first place Sherlock?

You tried to get me into a weak position by shortening my vacation and then trying to bang me down on the price, only you found out that was not going to happen.

How many boats have you offered to buy on this site you little wannabe? Go get yourself some oars and a rowboat and &*^%^ off puke.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:14 PM
Registered

be polite on the forum. a piece of advice .
the fellow you sent me to never did anything to the boat other than winterize it.
he said he believed the "other marina" did the work.
after calling them , i got do the right person and got all the info which i trasfered to you with names etc.

now since then, HAVE YOU CORRECTED THE INFO ON YOUR BOAT ?
HAVE YOU UPDATED THE DESCRIPTION OF YOUR BOAT ?
I GAVE YOU THE NAME AND CONTACT NAME OF THE MARINA RESPONSIBLE WHO HANDLES THE BOAT WHEN THE SPRING BROKE LAST SUMMER. HE WAS PRETTY CLEAR : I TOLD THE LAST OWNER AND AM TELLING YOU YOU NEED TO REPLACE ALL OF THE SPRINGS ON BOTH HEADS, ON BOTH MOTORS. ENGINES BOTH NEED TO GET PULLED OUT.HEADS REMOVED.ETC....
YOU DID NOT UPDATE IT AS YOU WANT TO KEEP PEOPLE THINKING THE BOAT IS FULLY SERVICED BY THE LAST OWNER WHO WAS A FANATIC AT UP-KEEPING HIS BOAT.

DEAR PUKE,I QUOTE, YOUR LAST OWNER WAS TOLD HE NEEDED TO RE-DO ALL OF THEM AT 200 HRS TOPS. HE IS AT 386 HRS NOW. ALL OTHERS WILL BREAK VERY SOON. SOMEONE WILL LOSE THE SUMMER FIXING THE BOAT. SAY IT LIKE IT IS AND YOU WILL SELL THE BOAT. BE HONEST AND TRUTHFUL.

i did not buy the boat only because as i called, bad news showed up. not a broken gage but engines , heads, needing to get pulled out. i am and was not ready top go through this project of yours.
i called and told you and gave you options.

instead of fighting with a sword strinking water,basically wasting energy, go re-post the boat you have for sale properly and honestly and accurately. stop putting out your anger of being stuck with a boat on me . i was buying the boat.
no one here can say that i said i was buying and never showed up or never paid or ever re-negociated after the deal was done.
yes, i had to fight a fountain dealer about certain issues but,since then, never had an issue.
so to all the idiots fueling this thread with baseless posts, all you are doing is damaging the boat he has for sale by lenghtening this stupid thread.

stop posting that i am a puke,idiot and whatever it is you are posting. clean up the story to your boat and sell it.

aint this the reason why you came here in the 1st place ?

now, if you want to escalate this to a fight on the forum, i will go and get my boxing gloves and start punching back .

if you are ready to turn the page and understand that i pulled out of the deal in a proper manner by letting you know what it is that was wrong and that it needed something major done to it for it to be used without blowing engines which are springs, i dont know what to tell you at this point.

in my book, having to get major work done like this is enough to pull out or re-offer.
THERE WAS MATERIAL FOR THAT.
let the threads die and turn the page. i was not out to take advantage or beat you down. my 1st offer was firm based on the emails that the last owner was very very strict with his mechanicals of the boat which 2 phone calls later showed otherwise. SIMPLE !

please, for both our sakes, turn the page. we are not to gain anything here, only to lose. and that is BOTH of us.
Old 07-19-2009, 05:02 PM
Registered

Why do you have to pull the engines to replace springs?
Old 07-19-2009, 07:08 PM
Registered

Steve,

I am going to give you a few sentences of poiliteness for the sake of the forum.

I stated

1. I got the boat from a business deal from my partner
2. He is well known as being an upstanding person who takes care of his toys. (Fountain, Donzi, straight axle vette, etc. He is not an idiot who beats on his things.
3. He bought this boat brand new, and I am the second owner.
4. I did not believe the hours on the gauge (57 hours), so prior to listing, I paid a marine mechanic to come to my house and scan the engines and found 368 hours, which I disclosed immediately
5. The boat spent its entire life in fresh water.
6. Due to the increased hours (disclosed to you) and the fact that I spoke with the guy who worked on the boat previously who stated he did not think the engines were rebuilt, I basically offered to give the boat to you at a price reflecting the worst case scenario (70K)
7.This would have been by far the lowest priced 42 staggered Lightning that I could find in the USA.
8. You agreed to the price and had me leave my family vacation to arrange pickup of the boat, not renegotiation, pickup.
9. After I got all the way home, you started the hard sell of "are you really going to let this deal die for $3k? What's another $3k. etc etc etc and on and on.
10. I killed the deal and drove back to be with my family.

I still have never been told by anyone that this broke a spring, or exactly what that means to me or you now. I am unsure if it ever did, and I am obviously hesitant to take anything you say at face value. Bottom line $70k for a 42 Fountain.

This is the beginning, middle and end of the story. What is the story with all the other boats you have offered to "write a check for" big spender?
Old 07-19-2009, 10:06 PM
Registered

thay have to pull the engines cuz the marina knows this guy doesnt know that you can change springs with the heads still on the motor
Old 07-19-2009, 10:41 PM
Registered

This thread illustrates why it is worth the percentage to have a reputable dealer sell your boat on consignment.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:57 PM
Registered

Never saw but what year Fountain?
Old 07-21-2009, 07:02 AM
Registered

Float....that is the best Avator on here!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.