Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Eliminating thru prop exhaust, do or don't? >

Eliminating thru prop exhaust, do or don't?

Notices

Eliminating thru prop exhaust, do or don't?

Old 09-03-2010, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fountainkyfever
I've got an older 29 and I'm thinking of eliminating thru prop exhaust and losing the Y pipes. right now it's stock headers and set up. However, I've go leads on some gill headers and mufflers, should I proceed or should I be cautious?
Okay...I want to chime in here with my 2 cents. I just bought a Stainless Marine HI-TORQUE Manifold System that I'll install this winter. I think the silent running has its advantages in the no wake zones and it keeps the 1st mate off my back. And then there's the boys-in-blue to think about...it doesn't pay to be on their wrong side. Initially I plan to bypass the C.C. by just capping the down tubes with a rubber cap and see how it goes cause I like it that way. If the boys-in-blue don't give me any problems I'll be removing the down tubes the first chance I get. Just my 2 cents.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 1,327 Likes on 740 Posts

When it comes to noise, the way the 32 sits it really isn't very loud at idle anyway. I have heard plenty of stock 330HP Baja's that are much louder.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any idea what max RPMs you can run when thru prop/captains choice is on? I have a 29' Fountain with 525efi. Thanks!