Fountain boats >

Fountain boats

Notices

Fountain boats

Old 06-04-2002, 11:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fountain boats

I would like to ask you fountain owners some questions about Fountain boats. I have a Baja now but am thinking I would like my next boat to be a Fountain, 27' most likely. I would like to know about the pros and cons of the 27' Fountain. I have only ridden in one Fountain a good friend of mine has but it is a 1993 32' with twin 540's. Is the step hulls handling and drivability ok on the 27'? If any of you guys have owned Bajas, how do they compare? A guy told me the 27' Fountain would not have anymore running surface in the water than my Baja H2X(24') because of the way the Fountain is made. So I am wondering if I will get a better rough water ride out of the Fountain? If I buy one it will have the HP500 efi...
Old 06-04-2002, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't say anything about the 27, but for the most part, I love my 29. It has the single HP500 carb and handles really well. Personally, I'd say skip the 27 if you can find a 29 in your price range. There's more room in the cabin (little galley area with sink and cooler that's not on the 27). The running surface on Fountains is a little short because of the swim platform and notched transom.
Old 06-04-2002, 02:20 PM
scottr

We have a 2000 27' Fever II. Nice boat. Love the fit and finish. Cabin is very small. A 29' Fountain will have an edge in this area as well as a slightly larger cockpit. We have a fresh balanced and blueprinted 502 MPI with a low boost Whipple, Dart aluminum heads and HP 500 cam, lifters and springs. Just upgrading this week to an XR drive. Currently runs 82 MPH. Later in the season we may up the boost and go to a 5 blade Hydromotive. We are up in Indy on Giest Lake. Drop me a note if you want a ride. I think you can expect a substantially different ride over your Baja. I would agree the 29' Fountain is a slightly better choice, but the 27" is a real sweet ride, perfect for our lkae environment. Do not think you could lose with either boat. Happy hunting.

Old 06-04-2002, 10:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Baja Bailey

I have a 2001 27 Fever Classic, w/ 500efi. XZ. I love it, this is my second 27 Fever, Jana is right the 29 does have more room, but the 29s are also heavier, it really depends on what is more important to you, I suggest looking at both.

Feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] if you want to pick my brain about my boat. I ordered it with Stealth grafx purple/yellow/lipstick colors. I would strongly reccomend the 500efi on either boat, I just made it to 130 hours this weekend on mine. I can radar 75 mph speedo @ 79.5 with a Hydro 26 trimed at 5, however with the 26 hydro I am slow at planning with more than 4 people in the boat and full gas. Could run 24 Hydro and plane faster but would loose a little top end and we couldn't have that.
Also their are pics of my and Jana boat under the Fountain pics
WILL
Old 06-06-2002, 07:37 AM
fullthrottle42

Default 29 Fountain

I had a 29 fountain, It ran nice in 2/3 ft seas. Max'd out GPS with twin 350's was 64.2GPS New props if I kept it that long was to give it 2mph more. I wish Fountain would tune the boat before I bought it. I was happy with the ride. The boat also had several gauges that could not be fixed. Some quality issues but they all do.

Old 06-09-2002, 09:07 AM
dockmech

all your replys are right. I have a 98 27 with a hp500 one nice boat, and a 91 29ft with twin blown 454's. In the lifts side by side they look the same length, but inside the 29 has more room. the 29 has a better rough water ride. But in flat water the 29 feels like it is being held down and the 27 with the step gets out of the water and runs 73mph like it is on a cushion of air. The 29 has 1100 hp and is one fun boat. the sun is coming up so lets go revem up.

Old 06-10-2002, 07:51 PM
jinskee

Talking Fountains

I am on my 2nd 27' Fever, 1st one being a carbruated 500hp(don't do that if you idle much) and am extremely happy. I have driven a couple Baja's and they are ok, but everyone has em! I deal with Randy and Von at Lake Cumberland Marine.
The product is exellent and handles like a dream. Quality in these boats is unsurpassable in my opinion.