Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Anyone know who owns this 35 Lightning at LOTO? >

Anyone know who owns this 35 Lightning at LOTO?

Notices

Anyone know who owns this 35 Lightning at LOTO?

Old 10-07-2011, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Frankie76
Be careful till the time you are stuck there at least. Use the latest technology to get of such situation. Really nice boat.
Uh, what? Not sure I'm following you here....
Old 10-07-2011, 12:49 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Frankie76
Be careful till the time you are stuck there at least. Use the latest technology to get of such situation. Really nice boat.
Nice first post!!!
Old 10-08-2011, 06:39 PM
Registered

Finally got a hold of the owner yesterday. Timing worked out good here as my fellow OSO member was about an hour outside the location of this boat while in transit to LOTO. He was able to stop by and check it out, which only took him about 10 minutes of looking at it before he gave me a call back and told me he'd pass on this boat. He said if the guy was asking $30K then maybe yeah, but not at his $45K asking price. And the guy doesn't seem to want to budge as he's in the hole on what he owes on it (like a lot of people as I'm beginning to discover in my used boat search). I still find it comical how people think their boat should sell for what they owe on it...translation, "please pay for my financial mistake."

Glad I was able to save myself a wasted day of driving. And the boat search continues...
Old 10-09-2011, 07:04 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't know why your so scared of that other 35 you water tested!!
Old 10-10-2011, 08:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jmoore1225
I don't know why your so scared of that other 35 you water tested!!
I guess I just struggle with it being a '90 and if I decide down the road I want to upgrade, will I have a hard time finding people who can buy it (i.e. can't get a loan an older boat, etc.). But with this being my first boat it's hard to say what I'll be feeling down the road...you can't predict the future either

Also, like I mentioned earlier that was literally the first day I started looking at boats and I guess I had the "don't buy the first thing you see, look around at others" notion in my head. But, that boat is still on my radar and very real possibility for me.

On top of this, I'm starting to peak at boats in the $50-60K range, with hopes of maybe landing one with a low ball offer and a owner desperate to sell. But then I'm thinking to myself "am I an idiot going out and blowing that much $$ on my first boat?"

Jmoore if you or anyone has any input here, I'm willing to listen. This site has been great source of info and all the time people have spent posting to my topics have been very much appreciated! Thanks to all for your help!
Old 10-10-2011, 11:09 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Early 90's 35 fountains really don't differ much, that 95 has the baby step & efi motors, That's bout all it had going for it!! Just an FYI those motors can be a real pain in the a** sometimes w/ vapor lock .... It's really more about the condition & hours on those year fountains IMO!!! I bought my 32 sight unseen & was the 1st fountain I called on, feel I did pretty good on it.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jmoore1225
Early 90's 35 fountains really don't differ much, that 95 has the baby step & efi motors, That's bout all it had going for it!! Just an FYI those motors can be a real pain in the a** sometimes w/ vapor lock .... It's really more about the condition & hours on those year fountains IMO!!! I bought my 32 sight unseen & was the 1st fountain I called on, feel I did pretty good on it.
Yeah and I'm even thinking the same with this '90, even though it was the first one, it might very well be the best one. It's just typically when shopping for anything used, it usually takes looking at a few before finding the "right one". It's rare to find it the first time out.