why do Fountain hulls leak ? >

why do Fountain hulls leak ?

Notices

why do Fountain hulls leak ?

Old 02-13-2013, 01:37 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

You know it's a Fact, a lot of people do not take care of their boats ,or cars, or anything else they have, they leave their boat sit out in the rain uncovered, or leave it out over the winter with an old tarp not supported properly and the rain & snow caves it in so they have a boat full of water all winter ,& all summer, try that for several years, or 15 years on any boat and see what the floor & stringers look like, don't blame the equipment when it's not taken care of, we all see it all the time, on ALL makes & models, it's sad a lot of people are too lazy to take care of their stuff, or abuse it, then complain that the particular Brand is no good, give me a break , my 1990 Fountain Lightning still does Not leak.,but, I take care of it, actually I baby it, I have to, I don't have money to waste.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saber has an 07 42 that is getting a new transom. Does this mean they all have trouble? maybe but maybe not. Is it well noted that most do? If so i have never read that. Im wondering what the truth is.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:56 PM
Registered

One thing that I believe that many of the "haters" are overlooking here is that Reggie takes more time to document and show us what he's doing via facebook whereas others aren't. It doesn't mean that they aren't doing the work!

I have a 29 and it leaks through the drive but not the bellows, I've had my mechanic look at it and were not sure where it comes from with out ripping everything apart to really track it down.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:49 AM
Registered

How about the tiller arm seal??

Originally Posted by Racerngr1
One thing that I believe that many of the "haters" are overlooking here is that Reggie takes more time to document and show us what he's doing via facebook whereas others aren't. It doesn't mean that they aren't doing the work!

I have a 29 and it leaks through the drive but not the bellows, I've had my mechanic look at it and were not sure where it comes from with out ripping everything apart to really track it down.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Racerngr1

Ck the exhaust blockoff covers mine leaked bad .
Old 02-17-2013, 07:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by phragle
so let me get this straight..... (aside from fiscal mismanagment that spawned RF) boat company builds boats that leak and rot, then focuses buisness on fixing leaky rotting boats for profit... nice racket.....
Well.... it appears it's not just Fountain that has problems, even those that cost twice as much have transom rot. Just type in transom rot in the search box and see what pops up.... looooong list.
BTW I don't think a leak caused Reggie's problems
Old 02-17-2013, 08:33 AM
Registered

I have owned several boats over the years. The best, by far, is my Fountain. It is a 1997 47 sport cruiser. The only time I had any water problems is when I left it at the dock in a storm and it was just rainwater. I normally keep it indoors on the trailer but have left it in a slip for a few months at a time in the past with no problems.
For those of you who think you have to compromise, my boat trailers easily, launches well, has a great stand up cabin, shower, and head, and runs mid 70's with naturally aspirated 502 MPI's and eats the rough stuff on the Great Lakes.
Attention to detail in the construction is amazing. Attention to detail in maintenance is very important, also, and probably accounts for most of the problems.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Meshikinquah
How about the tiller arm seal??
Anybody have an idea of what this might cost?
Old 02-21-2013, 12:43 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by drpete3
Saber has an 07 42 that is getting a new transom. Does this mean they all have trouble? maybe but maybe not. Is it well noted that most do? If so i have never read that. Im wondering what the truth is.
Just to clarify....Saber marine is currently rebuilding a 2007 42 Fountain's transom that was rotted. Boat was very well maintained.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Just to clarify....Saber marine is currently rebuilding a 2007 42 Fountain's transom that was rotted. Boat was very well maintained.
2007 has composite stringers. How is that possible?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.