Next Project for my 29 >

Next Project for my 29

Notices

Next Project for my 29

Old 02-09-2012, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Next Project for my 29

Now that Troy Hannon and the crew at Supreme Marine have gotten my 29 powered right and running well it's time to do a little cosmetic work. As you can tell from the pictures below this boat is in bad need of new skins! Over the summer I had Kenny Hohwiesner over at Velocity Powerboats re-powder coat my windshield frame and while I was there I got a chance to look around their factory at some of the interiors they were doing including a 35 Executioner and I was impressed. I figured these guys have been building boats for over 34 years and if they’re willing to work on my boat... why not.
In September I asked Kenny to order some of the factory embossed skins from Fountain but before our order could be completed Fountain shut down. After talking to Gail in parts at Fountain she didn't believe they were going to be able to get us those skins until Fountain opened back up. With no warning about a month ago the skins showed up! Gail said they are still slowly but surely trying to fill orders so I guess I just got lucky.
I met with with Brian, Velocity’s interior guy and he told me that he would have no problem installing the skins as is but recommended that I let him liven it up a little bit so it wasn’t so plain. He thought adding silver carbon fiber and a little more purple would really make it pop. Sounds good to me me I'll let you be the judge of that.

So here we go!

Before:

Deconstruction:

Old 02-09-2012, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

Wow, what the heck happened to your interior, its only a 2006? It looks like they never covered the boat?

Can't wait to see the finished product.

Mine is a 2000, and it looks new,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,well except for a hole that I put into it. Maybe I'll have to visit them when I get it down here. Where are they located?
Old 02-09-2012, 03:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Wow, what the heck happened to your interior, its only a 2006? It looks like they never covered the boat?

Can't wait to see the finished product.

Mine is a 2000, and it looks new,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,well except for a hole that I put into it. Maybe I'll have to visit them when I get it down here. Where are they located?
I know the interior's trashed. This boat was really badly neglected and I'm sure your right about it never being covered. It's been a fun (EXPENSIVE) project but when it's done it will all be worth it.... at least to me.

As far as Velocity goes they're over in Sanford, FL just north of Orlando, not that far from you if you're in Crystal River? I go to Crystal River every year round July 4th to go scalping. This will be my first year to take my boat. Lots of fun!!!
Anyway here's their website and contact info. http://velocityboats.com/ If you have any questions just ask for Kenny. He's a super nice guy.

Last edited by Spinletto; 02-09-2012 at 10:12 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:08 PM
Registered

Thanks! I over by Sanford often, show go by in 2 weeks.

I'll stop by then.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:17 PM
Registered

Wow......cant wait to see the finished product!
Old 02-10-2012, 03:28 PM
Registered

Was you boat a repo? Man I cant imagine letting a $150,000 boat go like that. Glad to see you are fixing her up
Old 02-10-2012, 05:34 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Are they just that dirty? Looks to be in good shape otherwise.

And for chist sakes, get matching speakers.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Are they just that dirty? Looks to be in good shape otherwise.

And for chist sakes, get matching speakers.
That's my next project, I'm going with all JL stuff. 2 JL 7.7 coaxials for the back with 2 10's under the back seat, Component 7.7's up front, a JL 900/5 amp and a Alpine head unit ready to go.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rexcramer1
Was you boat a repo? Man I cant imagine letting a $150,000 boat go like that. Glad to see you are fixing her up
Yes it was a repo. I knew it was going to need a little work I just didn't realize how much. It's definitely been a learning experience for me. I'm just about done getting it all fixed up the way I envisioned it when I bought it. I have to admit it’s really fun watching her transform into a really nice boat.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Spinletto
That's my next project, I'm going with all JL stuff. 2 JL 7.7 coaxials for the back with 2 10's under the back seat, Component 7.7's up front, a JL 900/5 amp and a Alpine head unit ready to go.
Doesn't the JL grilles come off so u could paint to match?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.