Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
I know i know, but WTF water by the step? sigh >

I know i know, but WTF water by the step? sigh

Notices

I know i know, but WTF water by the step? sigh

Old 09-10-2012, 06:07 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Did you pull the bed pad up & look under it in the storage compartments under it for water? Like you said maybe its just now finding its way back to the step since it is being used.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jmoore1225
Did you pull the bed pad up & look under it in the storage compartments under it for water? Like you said maybe its just now finding its way back to the step since it is being used.
If that's the case, just put plastic under your sheets.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:22 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmoore1225
Yes, there was a bit of water under there, in the compartments. I pumped all of it out, also kept the bed up to allow it to dry out. I have no water in the water tank, so that is not the issue IMO. Like i said the boat has set for some time, never was wet down stairs when I would open it up through out the year. Now it seems as if the water might just have been in there, from using the boat, is making its way out. I am going to take a look under that seat, see if there is infact water under it. Still is strange that all these boats have this particular issue..

John jr
Old 09-11-2012, 05:47 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I know on my boat to get water to run back sitting on the trailer you have to really have the tongue way up, or it'd just sit up under the bed from the bow rails & front light. My bow rails leak but you wouldnt know it unless you actually caught ir running in from the rails posts. Bow hatch is also a bad leaker!! just always make sure to have a full cover on it if you don't. Best investment I have made.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:14 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

My boat sometimes get water trapped in the stepped area of the hull, it comes forward when on the trailer. I agree with what is written above, try to get it high when on land. Any water from the firewall? back seat forward will drain to that area. I left the scum line on my boat once after a weekend of boating. Got home and taped a level to the side of the boat in the back and tried to match the way the boat sits in the water, ran out of trailer jack and it was scary near the tounge.

You could always park it uphill?
Old 10-11-2012, 03:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi. I have experienced a water leak from the anchor locker on a few Fountains. Go inside the cabin and at the very front of the bed matress. Forld it upwards and see if the carpet is wet against the mirror. This is a wooden playwood plate that is glassed to the hull and deck. This fibre glass is not always watertight. There use to be some water in the anchor locker as the drain hole is not at the locker's absolute bottom. Try that and post the result here!! If it is wet, then remove the morror and 5200r on both sides. If there is a bracket on the "floor" of the anchor locker, remove it and see if there is water there. I found 3 gals of fresh water on a 2007 35 ICBM on time!!
Old 10-12-2012, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Yamaha 225
Hi. I have experienced a water leak from the anchor locker on a few Fountains. Go inside the cabin and at the very front of the bed matress. Forld it upwards and see if the carpet is wet against the mirror. This is a wooden playwood plate that is glassed to the hull and deck. This fibre glass is not always watertight. There use to be some water in the anchor locker as the drain hole is not at the locker's absolute bottom. Try that and post the result here!! If it is wet, then remove the morror and 5200r on both sides. If there is a bracket on the "floor" of the anchor locker, remove it and see if there is water there. I found 3 gals of fresh water on a 2007 35 ICBM on time!!
I had to re-glass the anchor locker on my boat. Used about 12oz. and no leak since.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:51 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

same here, the anchor drains actually work now!
Old 10-12-2012, 04:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Yamaha 225
What he said, this is the problem!