Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Pier57 must be doing gd >

Pier57 must be doing gd

Notices

Pier57 must be doing gd

Old 05-09-2013, 07:45 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts

I bought mine from shogren.. don't know who woods is.. Greg and Bruce were awesome..
Old 05-09-2013, 07:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I spoke to Scott before they merged with Pier 57, you could ask for better people to deal with, extremely helpful. It was after the merge I was ready to buy a 38 Lightning they had they wouldn't give me the time of day. I ended up finding a 38 Lightning at Grand Sport Center in Lake of the hills. I live in Md and didn't want to be committed to a boat without checking it out first, Mark and Adam laid out every step for me so it wouldn't be sold out from under me before I could see it. It's a great family owned business.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ROB FREEMAN
wait till you use theire service dept . never again . that's all I have to say .

So much easier dealing with Mel hey?
Old 05-09-2013, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nailit
I bought mine from shogren.. don't know who woods is.. Greg and Bruce were awesome..
I agree the original shogren crew is awesome.Greg and ashley especially. They even called and sent me new shirts and stuff after the merger. That spoke volumes.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:43 PM
Registered

I apologize if you have not heard from one of our sales staff.

What boat are you interested in and what's your best contact number? PM me if you like and i'll call you in AM from chattanooga poker run.

scott sjogren - pier 57
847-346-9037

[/QUOTE=TOMMY22555;3922340]Called 3 times to try and buy a boat they have on website and no one has called back. I wish i could turn away business like that.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by Cash Bar; 05-09-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 375 Likes on 252 Posts

I'd say no business is 100% perfect. What's important, is to know they can answer and find a way to straight things out when it's not perfect, wich is what happens looking at this previous post... who does his job ALWAYS perfectly? on time no matter what? I try personnally, but I know sometimes my strap slips a little on the pulley because I'm just too busy...
Old 05-10-2013, 06:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rollin1405
So much easier dealing with Mel hey?
lot more fun for sure . hes a hell of guy , actaually all of the family pretty fun crew
Old 05-10-2013, 06:55 AM
Banned

Good to know they don't return calls #1 reason not to deal with anyone in the sales buisness !
Old 05-10-2013, 07:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Greatguy66
Good to know they don't return calls #1 reason not to deal with anyone in the sales buisness !
Yes, a rational decision good sir! One guy on the interweb doesn't get a call back, ergo the company must never ever answer the phone and we shall swear off anyone in the sales business!

A fine conclusion ole chap!

Old 05-10-2013, 07:13 AM
Registered

Angry Bad Experience at Pier 57

I have been a long time "lucker" but just recently registered to chime in on this post regarding Pier 57. I will not talk about the sales person or the boat I was looking at regarding this situation.

I was working a deal with them in November on a boat that is still for sale on there website. I asked them repeatedly about the boat service history, are the motors factory sealed, any known issues with the boat...etc. I made an offer and flew from South Carolina with a good friend of mine who is a Merc. Merchanic to go and inspect the boat.

Upon arrival it was clear that the motors had been opened. Both heads on one motor had been off and one head on the other motor had been off. When I questioned the sales person regarding this, he claimed he didn't know that they had been opened. The motors are 500's and the head bolts were not blue so anyone who looked at the motors would have known that heads had been off. We proceeded to go ahead with a compression/leak down test. The third cylinder we tested had 80 lbs of compression, so we did a leak down and found out the exhaust valve was the issue. At that point the inspection of the boat stopped. There wre 4 different brands of spark plugs in the two motors.

The other issue was the night before I flew up the sales person asked if my mechanic had insurance. I called him and of course he did and was able to fax the requested information to Pier 57. Now keep in mind that I had planned this trip two weeks ealier and the night before we fly up I recieve a call requesting this information.

After we discovered the low compression I went to speak to the sales person regarding this issue and he told me that 80 lbs on a "cold" big block was within Merc Specs. At this point I lost my cool packed up my stuff and left. Over the next couple of days I exchanged emails, no I will not post them, with the owner regarding my trip and he admitted the screwed up.

So to re-cap, put money down, spent money to flew up and inspect the boat, was lied to by the sales person. I requested several times for the sales person to scan and email me the service history they had on the boat, he wouldn't do it. If he had sent the service history I would have never made an offer or flew up to see the boat.

Greg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.