Pier57 must be doing gd >

Pier57 must be doing gd

Notices

Pier57 must be doing gd

Old 05-10-2013, 11:21 AM
zrx
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's good to see that the majority of the responses on the post are positive and favorable. There is always two sides to every story and posting up a bunch of drama does this industry no good.

As mentioned before, Scott posted up to the OP to contact him personally. I would argue if you talked to 100 or more of the customers from Pier 57 North and South the majority would agree that David Woods and Scott Sjogren worked hard to make the purchase and or service experience a favorable one.

Now turn off the stupid computer and let's go burn some gas!!!
Old 05-10-2013, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 4 Posts

I've done many deals with Dave and Scott, nothing but great things to say about them. It's been a couple busy weeks with the back to back poker runs. Stick with them, they will take care of you
Old 05-10-2013, 11:40 AM
Registered

Why is this in the Fountain section?
Old 05-10-2013, 03:34 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 797 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by Back4More
Why is this in the Fountain section?
He tried to put it where no one would see it.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:53 PM
Registered

I have bought 2 boats from them,always dealt with Greg.He works very hard to get the deals done and keep the customer happy.they have always followed through from start to finish.I also am a business owner & there are only so many hours in a day to call & send emails.This is a busy time of year in the boating world.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:08 AM
Registered

This is the reply we got when my wife asked them how to proceed after many e-mails when we told them we were very interested and were ready to buy, keep in mind we live in Md.

To: 'Barb and Bob'
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2012 4:47 PM
Subject: RE: 2004 38 Lightning

Barb, the closest commercial airport is Chicago O’hare. Its about 40 minutes away from our store.

Looks like we took a deposit on that 38 Fountain this morning and its under contract as of now. Please feel free to come out and check out our inventory or if you would like to wait and see if this deal goes through, I will keep you posted on it.

Regards,

Greg Weber
Pier 57 Sales, Service, Storage & Transport
3830 Sunset Ave
Waukegan, IL 60087
Old 05-11-2013, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ROB FREEMAN
hm I say if youre in sales do youre job . or fear the wrath , not enough fear anymore . why you think its the way it is . take youre hard earned money and buy from someone that actually gives a chit, I know if my staff acted like that . see ya . I need the money .
Wholeheartedly agree, I like money too. But swearing off, per se, a shop that obviously does fine work over an internet post is silly.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ROB FREEMAN
hm I say if youre in sales do youre job . or fear the wrath , not enough fear anymore . why you think its the way it is . take youre hard earned money and buy from someone that actually gives a chit, I know if my staff acted like that . see ya . I need the money .
Agreed
Old 05-11-2013, 11:29 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Have you make contact yet?
Old 05-11-2013, 12:17 PM
Registered

I'm not sticking up for any dealer but some of these posts act like you never bought a used trade in before.... I have heard my share of good and bad deals, you can't please everyone. And the volume of sales never helps when things go too fast and get overlooked.
If you are interested in a boat, you anti up $ with a written agreement to lock it down so you don't waste your time and theirs going to see it, if you are 100's of miles away makes even more sense.
As for the boat with the 500's at a poor cyl. Psi.... I would say about half of the performance trade ins are in this condition and looks like it was just bandaided along to keep it going. You could have used the survey info you gathered as bargaining chips at the closing table for maybe a few grand off. I would think with the asking price I would make sure you have at least rebuild able cores. But it looks like you were bargin shopping.
Remember you get what you pay for.
And most importantly always know what your buying. As for the Gladiator did you do a full survey including the health of the driveline? These kinds of boat are either treated like a Ferrari or a party bus.
If your looking for fresh motors and tuned up ready to go **** then you'll be paying for it. Ok that's my rant. Sorry if I offended and good luck buying new, used, dealer, private, repo'd, or salvaged.

Last edited by Back4More; 05-11-2013 at 02:02 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.