Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
32 Fever Reviews >

32 Fever Reviews

Notices

32 Fever Reviews

Old 07-28-2002, 09:35 PM
fountainhead

Question 32 Fever Reviews

I am getting a 95' 32 ft Fountain Fever surveyed on Tuesday. I was wondering if any of you out there had any information on this model? Were there and structural or mechanical things I need to pay close attention? It is powered by twin 454's that have 194 hours. Please give me any feedback you may have.

Thanks

Old 07-28-2002, 11:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the board! 32Fever and Seadated should be able to help you. This is the thread I was telling you about.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forum/sh...threadid=27245
It is something to be aware of. Make sure you post some pictures of your new toy.
Dan
Old 07-29-2002, 09:25 AM
fountainhead

Default THANKS

Thanks for the link, however I am looking at a picture of the backend of the 95' and I do not see anything that resembles the pics on this thread. Maybe this is on the newer models. If anyone out there has any information please assist. I appreciate all you help.

James

Old 07-29-2002, 11:09 AM
Punk Rocket

james, where in texas are you?

Old 07-29-2002, 11:12 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The vent holes were only in the newer models, around 1998 and newer or so. The 95-96 do NOT have them and I'm not sure on 97's.

I haven't really had any problems with mine. Nothing as a result of Fountain, just normal stuff. They are not the best rough water boats in the world, but hold their own. If you are looking at a stepped hull, there isn't much out there (nothing I've seen yet) faster on flat water. I've been slwoer than the same boat in rough water and blow by them on flat water (most of that is due to a screaming wife when it gets rough, though. )

You shoudl see 72 or so with 454's realistically. If they are mags, 75 or so would probably be top speed with gas, coolers, etc. I've seen 78 with full fuel and 2 people, coolers, etc and have a stepped hull. BUt most of the time I can ru at 75 on Lake MI with the choppy water.

You can PM me if you want to ask any specific questions, I'll be glad to help answer them if I can.

Mark
Old 07-29-2002, 10:55 PM
fountainhead

Default Thanks

Thanks for all the info guys. I am really looking forward to getting in the boat. I am from Houston and it seems like you guys have a blast. I will let you know how the survey turns out. The boat looks like it is perfect. No stress carcks in the hull and the guy just replaced interior in and out with marine vinyl. Kinda looks like the Baja interior. I think it loks to perfect that's why I am getting a survey. Better safe than sorry, after all it is a boat.