47 Fountain any info???? >

47 Fountain any info????

Notices

47 Fountain any info????

Old 03-11-2021, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The following 2 users liked this post by Anthony Ceccato:
dykstra (03-12-2021), Nick Pierce (03-11-2021)
Old 03-11-2021, 10:02 PM
Registered

Received 203 Likes on 112 Posts

Thatís some great driving in those videos. How many minutes did it take to get on plane with the drives trimmed to the moon?
Old 03-11-2021, 10:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Stuckonstupid View Post
Thatís some great driving in those videos. How many minutes did it take to get on plane with the drives trimmed to the moon?
The boat takes roughly seven to ten seconds to get on plane. I donít know what the new owner has going on with the boat since I saw that the engines are for sale on here so Iím not exactly sure what it does now but Iím sure it is the same timing.
Old 03-26-2021, 11:11 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Went to look at it for sale in FL , owner said he took it in a trade . Mechanic found problems with one of the stringers and the entire transom . Both drives had water in them and the trailer was the wrong size . Didnít bother with continuing to the motors after seeing the condition of the rest of the boat . Seller offered to put new seals in the prop shafts . And the gennys gone too . I explained they should come apart made an offer then left .

Last edited by notda1; 03-27-2021 at 10:43 AM.
Old 10-12-2021, 05:32 AM
Registered

ok

Last edited by Anthony Ceccato; 10-12-2021 at 05:35 AM.
Old 10-12-2021, 05:52 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Perlmudder View Post
The American flag 47 is a proven performer and has been run on lake Erie for years. It hauls
Originally Posted by cig92 View Post
the dirty o7 boat at a minimum needs both six's rebuilt and both top ends rebuilt. there's about 20k to add to the purchase price. food for thought. btw, the flag boat runs 120 mph, i've been friends with him for a long time. it is maintained with an open check book to say the least. he adds c16 to the mix just for the hell of it lol. the engine builder is jimmy z, one of the best i have ever come across. he maintains the motors, could easily build them if he wanted but they have been sent back to sterling for the fresh internals. the boat just received 20k in props, like i said money wasn't the object here. if someone was interested i think you could just about name your price. he doesn't drive the boat anymore, he likes his 165 mph skater a bit more lol.
Originally Posted by notda1 View Post
Went to look at it for sale in FL , owner said he took it in a trade . Mechanic found problems with one of the stringers and the entire transom . Both drives had water in them and the trailer was the wrong size . Didnít bother with continuing to the motors after seeing the condition of the rest of the boat . Seller offered to put new seals in the prop shafts . And the gennys gone too . I explained they should come apart made an offer then left .
notda1 Probably because the boat was turned into a homemade arts and crafts project when it went down to Florida to its new home. Thatís just my guess after gathering it all together. Like cig92 said when it was up in NY it was meticulously maintained locally by Jimmy Z and yearly by Mike DíAnniballe from Sterling Performance. The boat sat in a lift when it wasnít running then stored in a private garage for the winter. When it went down to Florida it sat in the water from what I saw on the old listing around fall 2019 I believe. When hurricane Irma hit Florida in 2017, I heard that the boat was left in the water and was on the bottom of the canal when the water levels went down (not sunk). Iím sure that the 20,000 pounds of boat with majority of the weight in the back of the boat sitting on the bottom of the canal did a job on those 6s and the transom. I honestly bet the bilge too. The motors are listed on here by Randy from Cobra Power and you can see the rust on certain parts of the motors. I have a strong feeling thereís plenty more to the story on that boat after it went to Florida and Iím sure from what you saw you could agree. I donít remember seeing any when Kurt owned it. I wish I could follow up on the boat and hear where it ended up going since it used to be a monster up here in NY. Hopefully I get the opportunity to bring it back up here one day. Hereís the photos that I found of it down in Florida and Cobra Power below. As you can see the boats all taken apart in the driveway with no drives and you can see the motors :/. Do you know anything else on the boat?

Last edited by Anthony Ceccato; 10-12-2021 at 06:22 AM.
Old 10-12-2021, 06:17 AM
Registered

Lmk

Last edited by Anthony Ceccato; 10-12-2021 at 06:26 AM.