Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Looking at a 92 32. >

Looking at a 92 32.

Notices

Looking at a 92 32.

Old 07-06-2015, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I have a 94 32Fever and have no problem with water in the transom. My rubrail is inches above the water at rest. If concerned with the exhaust tips leaking at the flanges just recaulk them.
With 4 blades (Bravo ones or Hydromotive Q-IV's- I have both) the boat planes great and rides great, high but flat. I've handled 4-6 footers at the Buffalo Poker Run 2 years ago and , although we got splashed naturally, it handled just fine.
Withe the 502's it should run mid 70's.
Old 07-07-2015, 03:16 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, I get tired of all the people who have never owned a 32' say negative chit about it. My 32' took on a little water through the top/bottom cap when I had four people sitting on the swim platform before I sealed it in. Sealing it in took me about an hour and two beers. After that, problem solved. Never had rot issues. To my knowledge, the sinking 32's out there were at the dock and had bilge pumps running for days until the battery died. Pretty sure that isn't a fountain thing but a lack of maintenance typical of any boat.

I had a 1991, 32' fever with 502's. My 502's were mags and 390hp. It ran 75 with three blades and 71 with four blades labbed from bblades. The loss in speed was worth it for the handling and mid range though to me. It is not a super roomy boat but they are fun to drive and easy to get over 70 with mild power. To me, the best part was running with big cigs, etc. and having half the horse power/cost. Could they beat me in 4-5's? Absolutely. Because I don't want to go out and get the chit beat out of me in that crap. I now own a 42' fountain because I wanted to get more people on the boat, I have a higher budget, and have a head for the wife. I don't go out in 4-5's in my 42 either. If you buy one, I have the dash layout if that needs to be upgraded.
Old 07-07-2015, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by joew.
Man, I get tired of all the people who have never owned a 32' say negative chit about it. My 32' took on a little water through the top/bottom cap when I had four people sitting on the swim platform before I sealed it in. Sealing it in took me about an hour and two beers. After that, problem solved. Never had rot issues. To my knowledge, the sinking 32's out there were at the dock and had bilge pumps running for days until the battery died. Pretty sure that isn't a fountain thing but a lack of maintenance typical of any boat. .
you know what they say,Haters will hate,,even if they have no clue at what they are talking about..

what I find funny is,,if you start a thread asking questions about a Active thunder 25 Tantrum ,,

Sydwayz will jump on the thread and tell you what a great boat it is and rides and feels like a much bigger boat,jump on it because its a rare boat and not too many come around for sale,,

you can start a thread about a Active Thunder 28 Savage and again Sydwayz will be the first one to tell you what a great boat that is,hurry and buy it ,its this its that,,blah blah ,,blah,,,

lets not even talk and about the 33 or the 37 A/t,,,

But,,start a thread about a Fountain 27,,29,, 32,,35,,38 doesnt matter and Sydwayz will jump on the thread and advice you of all this other different brand boats you should look at because they will be a better fit for you than the Fountain you are interested in...funny but true....lol
Old 07-20-2015, 10:46 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Just checking in.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...-fountain.html

[ATTACH=CONFIG]543364[/ATTACH]

Have a nice day!
Attached Thumbnails Looking at a 92 32.-800px-smile_have_a_nice_day_sign.jpg  
Old 07-21-2015, 06:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Just checking in.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...-fountain.html

[ATTACH=CONFIG]543364[/ATTACH]

Have a nice day!
have a nice day as well....GO A/T,, The #1 wave crushing weapon ever made,, cause Sydwayz says so,,,

must had been real hard for you not to say anything bad about a Fountain on your reply above,,,must be because you did not want to be called out again,,,but dont you worry,,give it some time and you will be back to your normal self letting us know what a piece of overrated $hit a Fountain is,,,or any other boat thats not a A/T.

Last edited by boatnt; 07-21-2015 at 06:36 AM.
Old 07-21-2015, 06:33 AM
Registered

Old 07-21-2015, 06:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine is not a 32 it's a 29 and it sits LOW in the water. People have actually asked. Is that boat sinking? In fact when we came back down to the boat Friday morning at Pirates/Lanier someone had raised my hatch and checked it out over night because of that very reason. The only two times I will get any amount of water in the bilge is. Coming off plane to fast having water wash over the swim platform (Still haven't figured out that one) and loading the boat on the trailer at a steep ramp. Two pictures attached sitting low in the water at the dock and running right up on top in the other. My boat handles the Chesapeake Bay just fine in winds. But I chose to stay up in the rivers when it is to bad. Lanier was churned up Saturday with the run, But I was running 50-70 the whole time. I was more worried about boat traffic than taking on rough water. I agree with Whiplash. Reseal the exhaust area were it goes thru the hull. [ATTACH=CONFIG]543377[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]543378[/ATTACH] If Fountains are so bad than why is it so many were sold and are still around? Stlliberator: You are looking at a 1992. That says something right there. It must still be in good shape for someone to want it. Good Luck.
Attached Thumbnails Looking at a 92 32.-pirates-002.jpg   Looking at a 92 32.-15pp6561.jpg  

Last edited by fordf350; 07-21-2015 at 06:46 AM.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:48 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by boatnt
have a nice day as well....GO A/T,, The #1 wave crushing weapon ever made,, cause Sydwayz says so,,,

must had been real hard for you not to say anything bad about a Fountain on your reply above,,,must be because you did not want to be called out again,,,but dont you worry,,give it some time and you will be back to your normal self letting us know what a piece of overrated $hit a Fountain is,,,or any other boat thats not a A/T.
I hope we get to have a beer sometime. I'm really not like that. It's about being boating, period; and camaraderie we enjoy out there on the water.
I can see where your perspective comes from, and I'm making a conscious effort not to exemplify that. It would really be something if I bought a 42 PR or 38 EC one day wouldn't it?
Old 07-21-2015, 08:59 AM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

We have a 1996 32' Fountain, it does not take on excessive water and I like Active Thunder boats.
Old 07-21-2015, 02:02 PM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

My suggestion is to go straight to a 35'. That's what we did (from a 27' Fever).

I believe 27' Fever and 32' Fever have same cockpit size/layout. The 27' Fever was too small in my opinion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.