10 Meter for sale, looking for Express Cruiser

Notices

10 Meter for sale, looking for Express Cruiser

Old 09-16-2015, 08:23 PM
10M
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10 Meter for sale, looking for Express Cruiser

Figured I would mention it here, I have a very clean and nicely updated 10 Meter for sale, looking to move up to 38EC or maybe 370SS, or other similar options.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...er-o62684.html
Old 09-18-2015, 11:38 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to let you know I have owned a Formula 292, 357 and a 419 Fastec, I now have a 2006 Fountain 38EC. I like the separate master state room in the Fountain, Formulas SS has a rear sleeping cuddy and you convert the dining into a bed. I didn't want to have to do that to take my family out boating. I looked at Formula 40SS and 37SS, but the Fountain had a much better layout for the type of boating I wanted to do. The only experience I had was in a 90 35 Fountain and that boat ran on rails. I purchased the 38EC without a test drive (I know stupid thing to do), but when I got it home I was certainly impressed. This boat runs flat and straight, is rock solid and an amazing boat. I only have 496 Mag HO's and it runs 62 mph, just like Reggie advertised. I borrow some bravo 1's off my old Formula before I sold it and reached 65 mph without the correct props. The deck is way more solid on the Fountain than on my older Formulas. I contribute that to the hull and deck of a fountain constructed with 2 layers of fiberglass and foam coring. Formula's are just solid fiberglass. I also had issues with the hull and deck bond with my Formulas leaking water through them in rough seas. As Fountains are glassed at hull and deck, no issues on the 38EC. Fit and finish on the cabin, seats, mold work, etc. is a little better on the Formula, but overall the Fountain has so many other things going for it. I haven't had any issues with Fountain built items on the boat, but obviously had to replace a lot of accessory items, such as macerators, mercruiser engine stuff, battery chargers, etc.
Old 09-18-2015, 12:25 PM
10M
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the input! Converting the bed vs separate V berth is definitely one of the reasons that the EC is my preference over the SS. My 10 Meter has been and is a super solid boat, I have zero complaints about it, so I know I won't be disappointed with another Fountain, especially a newer nicer one! I'm a speed guy with a limited amount of free time, so I can't justify owning any type of cruiser without stepped hull, which doesn't leave many options. The Formulas are nice boats, but the 38EC is perfect for what i'm looking for. 1 Step at a time for now, I gotta get my old gal sold first.