Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
New To Me 35 Lightning >

New To Me 35 Lightning

Notices

New To Me 35 Lightning

Old 04-06-2016, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats, awesome ride- way cool graphics.....
Old 04-06-2016, 06:22 PM
Registered

Sweet. First Fountain I have seen without side rails. I'm jealous.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:41 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by fordf350
Sweet. First Fountain I have seen without side rails. I'm jealous.
Thanks! It looks nice and clean but I'm sure I've lost some function not having them :-/

I can live with that though :-)
Old 04-07-2016, 06:00 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MN35LIGHTNING
Thanks! It looks nice and clean but I'm sure I've lost some function not having them :-/

I can live with that though :-)
You may consider adding some push-pin fender holders to each side at the rear of the sun pad. Many docks or boats will be higher than the Fountain at the rear corners, so fendering off the rear cleat will not get the fender high enough to protect your boat. A rugged suction cup mount may work also. Losing the side rails for hanging fenders is the only function lost, boat looks sleek without them.
Old 04-08-2016, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey Todd,

heard you making the trip down while we were down there. We just got back and I had to look it up and see what you got.
Nice choice and nice upgrade and nice mph #'s. Even a boat from here what's the luck.

Have to check it out soon.
If you need ideas on the down turns you may be able to copy something close to my setup.

Have to chat and see what runs your planning
Old 04-08-2016, 11:38 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by hustlerguy
Hey Todd,

heard you making the trip down while we were down there. We just got back and I had to look it up and see what you got.
Nice choice and nice upgrade and nice mph #'s. Even a boat from here what's the luck.

Have to check it out soon.
If you need ideas on the down turns you may be able to copy something close to my setup.

Have to chat and see what runs your planning
Crazy! Wish I would have known you were in FL at the same time. We are planning the usual outings. For sure talk to you soon.
Old 04-08-2016, 11:43 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Kelly O
You may consider adding some push-pin fender holders to each side at the rear of the sun pad. Many docks or boats will be higher than the Fountain at the rear corners, so fendering off the rear cleat will not get the fender high enough to protect your boat. A rugged suction cup mount may work also. Losing the side rails for hanging fenders is the only function lost, boat looks sleek without them.
Those quick pin fender cleats are exactly what I was thinking. Funny - one of the first things my wife said was how nice it will be to not have that back rail to sit over when we are hanging out on the sun pad/transom :-)
Old 04-09-2016, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Got yourself a great boat. I moved from a 27' Baja to a 2005 35 Lightning 3 years ago. Was a bit intimidated at first but these Fountains are such a blast l was in it every weekend and found it easier to run than the old single drive I'd had before. I also prefer the left hand sticks. Got the thumbs up at my marina, even from the sailboat boaters. Everyone seems to like the sound of twin 525s. Also found it easy to tow and launch with the custom Myco. My only regret is I didn't get the newer version (2007+). Congrats and have fun filled summer.
Old 04-09-2016, 01:39 PM
Registered

Beaks baby!!!
Old 04-09-2016, 03:58 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good looking boat!glass dave just removed my rear rail and I was going to do those quick pins fender holder also.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.